Depth Buffer for RE4 not working

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1 by robgrab Depth Buffer for RE4 not working was created by robgrab
I want to use RTGI for RE4 using the latest version of Reshade but I can't seem to get it to recognize the depth buffer. The thing that's confusing is if I enable the DisplayDepth shader I see this under Normal Map (that sure looks like a depth map to me).

But when I try to view the depth map using either DisplayDepth or Debug View in RTGI it get a blank screen. What's the difference between a Normal Map and Depth Map? I've tried every variation of settings in Reshade trying to the depth buffer to show something. What am I missing? In-game AA is disabled BTW.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by robgrab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth Buffer for RE4 not working
The normal data is calculated based off depth, so depth buffer access is working fine. You'll need to change the linearization settings to get it to show up as you expect (RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED and friends). IIRC in RE4 the far plane had to be adjusted a lot (RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE).
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robgrab

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth Buffer for RE4 not working
Thank you, crosire! Now THAT'S more like it! I guess I got confused because whenever the depth channel has been reversed in the past it looked reversed on screen instead of showing nothing at all. All I did was change RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 to 0 in the ReShade.ini file and viola.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth Buffer for RE4 not working
That fixed the depth buffer issue but now I can't get SMAA to work like it did before. Did the reversed depth buffer affect how it handles AA?

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #5 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth Buffer for RE4 not working
Nevermind. I found a better AA shader.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.