Reshade not working in VR, only on screen mirror with Oculus Link?!

More
7 months 1 week ago #1 by ProctalgiaFugax Reshade not working in VR, only on screen mirror with Oculus Link?! was created by ProctalgiaFugax
Hi,
I'm having a very persistant problem. When playing any game with oculus link, I just can't get reshade to be visible and working in vr....or any fps/frametime etc overlay for that matter. Not even the overlay from oculus debug tool is visible in VR. Also openvr_fsr or vrperfkit  don't work at all in VR. Not even in steamVR. Reshade works fine on my mirror screen with oculus link. Only the latest version (5.0.2) of reshade I got working in just SteamVR, but especially DCS gameplay is horrible jittery/stuttering with SteamVR. DCS with oculus link is still better compared toSteamVR with reshade, but I keep on dreaming of using reshade with oculus link. I tried using the regular reshade installer and tried the JSGME mod enabler. Google only came up with a few hits of people with the same problem, but unfortunately no reactions to their forumposts. Nothing on this forum either. I think I'm missing something very obvious, otherwise there would probably be more people with the same problem asking around I presume.I really hope this is the case! Does anyone have any clue where the problem lies? ...hints?...even vague ones...please?!
I use a customized laptop with a Ryzen5900HX, 64Gb 3200mHz Ram, RTX3080 (max tgp165Watt) 16gb, 2Tb M.2 SSD and a Quest2
Thanks for your time(in advance);-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 10 hours ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade not working in VR, only on screen mirror with Oculus Link?!
ReShade only supports SteamVR, it specifically does not support the Oculus runtime.

More
1 week 5 days ago #3 by OlivierMDVY Replied by OlivierMDVY on topic Reshade not working in VR, only on screen mirror with Oculus Link?!
But does it work with OpenComposite? Because I tried OpenComposite + my Oculus Rift CV1 but it won't work (only on the mirror)
Thanks.

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.