[5.0.2] Reshade removes dynamic shadows from Borderlands 2

• fiend
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1 by fiend [5.0.2] Reshade removes dynamic shadows from Borderlands 2 was created by fiend
For some odd reason, installing Reshade on Borderlands 2 completely removes the dynamic shadows for the game, resulting in a mostly fullbright experience.
This happens simply with Reshade being installed, effects are disabled in the second screenshot for consistency so its easier to tell the difference.

Vanilla:
[img

Reshade Enabled:

This seems to be an issue with DX9 specifically, as running the game under DXVK does not have this issue.
I unfortunately do not have any older versions on my PC to test, but I do not remember this happening on older versions, so a good place to start testing would probably be 4.9.1, in case it is a new issue with 5.0
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by fiend. Reason: for some reason my previous edit removed the second half of the post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amoebae
More
2 years 1 month ago #2 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic [5.0.2] Reshade removes dynamic shadows from Borderlands 2
5.0 does the same in The Sims 4. 4.9.1 and earlier works fine. Don't know if they can fix it, or if they want to.

• crosire
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [5.0.2] Reshade removes dynamic shadows from Borderlands 2
Fixed in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/816229...c92a68c7053e187eb8c3 . Borderlands 2 was using a non-standard hack for shadow rendering that ReShade didn't account for (since it is non-standard).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.