Cry of Fear Texture Corruption Issue

• KingBlack141
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by KingBlack141 Cry of Fear Texture Corruption Issue was created by KingBlack141
Hi! So I gave up a couple months ago until I discovered a video of somebody who got Cry of Fear too work with Reshade without any texture corruptions AND managed too get at least the lantern too work. I have been met and insulted with negative responses about this before from other places I've asked, and people claiming it won't work but I have video evidence that it CAN and WILL, so please don't shoot this down and come to this with hostility I simply want too know if there's a fix anyone knows of.

Here's what I know:

1. The base game is Half Life 1 which utilizes the OpenGL renderer, however Cry of Fear uses a modified version of that known as the Paranoia renderer used in the Paranoia mod
2. The game itself is VERY iffy and buggy, and texture corruption can happen from just usual gameplay simply because the game is running too long and other random issues that have too deal with the old engine itself. 
3. Somebody got it too work on Youtube: 
and I have reached out too them and have yet too get a response.

Here's the issues:
When the Reshade DLL replaces the original, the game tends too become more unstable with texture corruptions whether effects are loaded or not. This person circumnavigated this somehow. Not only that but it entirely breaks the flashlight and lanterns in game which they ALSO managed too fix. 

I've noticed these issues come about when loading new areas, and sometimes simply tabbing out of the game and coming back too all the textures being all white. Bullet holes are replaces with what appears to be the Normal Map from the Depth Buffer and other anomalies.

I can't upload screenshots directly so here's an Imgur link with some examples of the texture corruptions  COF Texture Corruptions

I've tried changing compatibility options a couple times and any other setting I could think of. Any tips or ideas? Much appreciated, and thank you beforehand. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murphtastic
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2 by murphtastic Replied by murphtastic on topic Cry of Fear Texture Corruption Issue
Hello, I'm the creator of Cry of Reshade. I'm currently working on patching these types of bugs. The setup guide tells you to install ReShade using Direct3D 10/11/12 instead of OpenGL which, as you said, cicumnavigated all the lighting problems, great right? if not for the fact that UI elements glitch up and the textures corrupt and overall make the game unplayable. I've been trying to get this to work with the OpenGL Renderer which amazingly works but the skyboxes and light sources (such as the phone flashlight) don't get rendered due to ReShade's opengl32.dll not having the Paranoia Renderer, I've been scouring the Internet to find anything that can make them work together and I have sadly not come up with anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.