ERROR | Failed to create query pool for effect file

• ssn650
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #1 by ssn650 ERROR | Failed to create query pool for effect file was created by ssn650
ReShade 5.2.1 d3d9.dll set up for IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, a 32-bit DirectX 8 game using the d3d8tod3d9.dll converter in a Windows 11 x64 system.

When starting the game none of the shader presets are being successfully loaded, although the ReShade.log file shows they were all compiled successfully.
The following error message is then recorded : ERROR | Failed to create query pool for effect file "C:\Reference\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 BAT\SweetFX\Shaders\AdaptiveSharpen.fx"! (as an example).
ReShade.ini is set up to load a SweetFX_Settings text file as its preset : PresetPath=.\SweetFX\SweetFX_Settings.txt

These shaders successfully compile and load in ReShade Version 4.9.1 using the same presets. 

Does anyone have any idea why they fail to load in ReShade 5.2.1?  Are DirectX 8 games no longer supported even with Crosire's pseudo-driver module?
github.com/crosire/d3d8to9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ERROR | Failed to create query pool for effect file
Works for me in that game. Make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date. Also what GPU was that with?

I changed it now so that effects will continue to load even if query pool creation failed though (since the queries are only needed to show performance statistics on the "Statistics" page, which is not critical): github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/edb805...a808718d4f661638eb02

• ssn650
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by ssn650 Replied by ssn650 on topic ERROR | Failed to create query pool for effect file
Thanks Crosire!

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm running the game in CrossOver 21 on a MacBook Pro 14" M1 Max with a 32-Core GPU. 
I also play this game in a Parallels Desktop 17 Windows x64 ARM virtual machine; however, I've been unable to load any version of ReShade greater than 2.0.3 in that environment so I generally stick to that version because I'm happy with the enhancements it provides without the need for the d3d8tod3d9 module. 
There are some improvements with ReShade V4.9.1 that I sometimes like to take advantage of, such as HQAA or FakeHDR, which require ReShade 3.0+, so I have fun experimenting with these whenever a new release is announced.  In any case I'm restricted to DirectX vs. OpenGL since Apple support for OpenGL is lacking, as you well know.  And, of course, Boot Camp is no longer an option for M1 Macs.
I'll stick to Version 4.9.1 for now until an update to V5.0+ has been made public, since I haven't had much luck compiling the GitHub releases on my own.

Thanks again for your help and much obliged for all you've done to make these games so much more enjoyable!

Cheers
Geoffrey
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.