issues with Horizon Zero Dawn

• DerellLicht
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #1 by DerellLicht issues with Horizon Zero Dawn was created by DerellLicht
I had previously played Horizon Zero Dawn, using ReShade V4.9.1.  I had no issues at all with the game, through multiple play-throughs.  I finished the last play a few months ago, and went onward.  When I saw ReShade 5.2.1 released, I installed it and went back to check old games, but found that HZD would not run, at all... it would crash before even showing its first intro screen.

I won't go into all the things that I tried, but ultimately un-installed/re-installed the game, deleting the game directory (but not my save files).  After the re-installation, the game ran fine.  I then installed ReShade 5.2.1, but while it didn't crash on startup, something was definitely messed up!!  My character would float a couple feet off the ground, and any time I approached an object, she would walk right through it!!  Also, fast travel to other campfires did not work at all; I would just end up back where I started...

I tried regressing to V4.9.1, but these issues still existed... so I uninstalled ReShade from the game directory entirely, and the game now works fine...
So it *does* appear that ReShade is currently not compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue??  If not, please consider trying to fix it on your end, I *do* like my ReShades for HZD.

My system:
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 7 3700X, no OC
32GB RAM
GTX 1070ti, no OC
Game drive: 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 m.2 SSD

Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by DerellLicht. Reason: add computer specs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.