Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size?

• Digika
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #1 by Digika Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size? was created by Digika
The overlay text for FPS and/or Clock is really blurry and low-quality. This is common issue with anything that uses IMGUI, they font system is so terrible only like 0.00001% programs and tools that use it can get it right and only after years of fixing. Does anyone know a way to force rebiuld atlas for given size?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size?
Changing only the OSD text size does intentionally not resize the font atlas, so that the rest of the overlay text is rendered at the correct scale/quality (not undersampled/oversampled), since the font is shared. If you want to get high quality OSD text, you'll need to leave the OSD text scale factor at 1 and change the size of the "Global font" setting, which affects all text and which will force a rebuild of the font atlas at the desired size.

• Digika
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #3 by Digika Replied by Digika on topic Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size?
That is what I have right now and results are fairly poor.

• boggan
More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by boggan Replied by boggan on topic Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size?
I'm also having this problem and am aiming to change the OSD text size but haven't seen the results yet. Does anyone have a better solution? 

• Digika
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #5 by Digika Replied by Digika on topic Force REshade IMGUI to rebuild font atlas for given size?
Also, since changing Global Font also changes well, global UI font this is not an applicable solution.

At 1080p frame I'm contempt with 16px font in the UI, but I was OSD to be bigger, up to 32px or more. Have you ever tried to use Reshade UI at 32ppx for 1080p rendered frame? Very funny experience.

Is there a reason OSD scaling cant be NN/interger? A lot of work implementing it?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.