ZOMBI (2015) RTGI doesnt work.

• Fan4eG
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #1 by Fan4eG ZOMBI (2015) RTGI doesnt work. was created by Fan4eG
After 10 years, I decided to try the game on a PC and install rtgi on the game. 
I have been working with reshade for millions of years and I know how to install it, work with it, etc. the question is why the depth buffer is not defined in the game.

as I understand it, this is due to the fact that in the game it is impossible to disable anti-aliasing in any way. even on PCGAMINGWIKI there is no way to disable it.
maybe I don't know something, but who can tell if it's being solved or not? 
thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ZOMBI (2015) RTGI doesnt work.
If you can't disable MSAA, then unfortunately no. ReShade cannot access depth when MSAA is used (it will say as much on "Generic Depth" entry on the add-on page).
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by crosire.

• Fan4eG
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #3 by Fan4eG Replied by Fan4eG on topic ZOMBI (2015) RTGI doesnt work.
yeah, i know that, I thought someone had already encountered a problem in this game and could tell you how to disable anti-aliasing.

• artinpinkerton@gmail.com
More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #4 by artinpinkerton@gmail.com Replied by artinpinkerton@gmail.com on topic ZOMBI (2015) RTGI doesnt work.
So interesting situation. I was able to nuke antialiasing with the Zombi Manager (it disables a lot of effects) and it still didn't work. Out of a lark, I installed DgVoodoo and low and behold the depth buffer was accessible and working with RTGI. It would appear that something about how DgVoodoo processes the buffers makes them accessible to Reshade while the default game doesn't.

HOWEVER, DgVoodoo can't process the game lighting correctly and distorts the flashlight and other lights. 

Side note: I even tried using ThirteenAG's wrapper and Helix's 3D fix, both had same result. But I did discover that the Helix DLL added a hotkey to disable the minimap so all is not lost.

EDIT: So reverting back to reshade 4.9.1 works. So it's just the 5.x versions that aren't seeing the depth buffer properly. Strange but there you have it. 
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by artinpinkerton@gmail.com. Reason: New information, partially resolving issue of OP

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.