Windows 11 Auto HDR feature and ReShade

• ZeroHour
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #1 by ZeroHour Windows 11 Auto HDR feature and ReShade was created by ZeroHour
I'm fairly new to ReShade, and am using the current version that's available to download. I enjoy the Auto HDR feature in Windows 10 and 11 that "converts" a DX11/12 SDR game to HDR color space, and it actually works quite well. However when I run a game that normally works well with Auto HDR (in this case, Train Sim World 3) with ReShade, the Auto HDR doesn't "kick in" and the game stays in SDR.

Anyone know if there's a way to allow Auto HDR to work alongside ReShade? Thanks :)
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by ZeroHour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xxTheGoDxx
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by xxTheGoDxx Replied by xxTheGoDxx on topic Windows 11 Auto HDR feature and ReShade
Same problem here when using Reshade with Session Skate which is using Unreal Engine 4 and normally is supported by AutoHDR (kicked in literally two times right before applying Reshade). The game is also not blocked for AutoHDR in the Win 11 settings.

IMO Reshade and AutoHDR worked together under Reshade 4.x. Same on Reshade
Same problem under Reshade 4.9.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by xxTheGoDxx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeroHour

• ZeroHour
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #3 by ZeroHour Replied by ZeroHour on topic Windows 11 Auto HDR feature and ReShade
Hopefully this is something Crosire can take a look at in future versions of ReShade. It should be possible as other tools such as SpecialK are capable of hooking a game via DLL while also not impeding the Windows Auto HDR feature.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.