Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mediator strange behavior

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #1

For some reason Mediator behaves as if I am clicking RMB constantly, this among other things causes the EffectOrdering pane to be useless as it clicks whatever it wants and at times highlights multiple effects at the same time. So disabling or enabling one effect may enable every single one of its type (For example clicking Nostalgia = enabling all of SweetFX) it also happens if you use the arrow keys and use spacebar to select effects.

This also seems to effect the preview pane as it will zoom in, split view, etc just by hovering over the image as well as the 3 small panels in the bottom left of Mediator.

It does not seem to effect anything else other than those.

ReShade 0.19.2 Framework // Windows 8.1 x64
Here is the ReShade32.log: pastebin.com/fuBrv0GW

Also a small bit of feedback: Sliders are great and all but could we have the option of clicking the number displayed to the left of a slider and manually typing it in?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Evolution0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #2

  • Ganossa
  • Ganossa's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 최정장군
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 838
I am not sure about your RMB issue but most of the actions you described are intended:

EffectOrdering allows you to reorder effects. Since some effects belong together, they are also marked and moved together if you hover/select them. Clicking on them again however will unselect them and you can toggle each individually.

If you want to disable the automatic preview enlargement, there is a toggle button for that behavior on the right bottom corner (next to "powered by").

What 3 pannels in the bottom left you mean?

Sliders are basically shader developers choice. Whether they are text boxes or sliders is defined in the configuration files that the mediator parses. :) There might be more alternatives in the future.

Hope I did not miss any question!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #3

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2452
  • Thank you received: 1391
LuciferHawk wrote:
Sliders are basically shader developers choice. Whether they are text boxes or sliders is defined in the configuration files that the mediator parses. :) There might be more alternatives in the future.
I think he means that you can manually enter a value in the field the slider shows the current value in. Because that's often easier instead of having to move the slider to the correct position.
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #4

LuciferHawk wrote:
I am not sure about your RMB issue but most of the actions you described are intended:

EffectOrdering allows you to reorder effects. Since some effects belong together, they are also marked and moved together if you hover/select them. Clicking on them again however will unselect them and you can toggle each individually.

If you want to disable the automatic preview enlargement, there is a toggle button for that behavior on the right bottom corner (next to "powered by").

What 3 pannels in the bottom left you mean?

Sliders are basically shader developers choice. Whether they are text boxes or sliders is defined in the configuration files that the mediator parses. :) There might be more alternatives in the future.

Hope I did not miss any question!

Alright I'll give an example, I tick MONOCHROME - SweetFX and every SweetFX in that group gets selected (monochrome doesn't require any of the others), I then untick MONOCHROME - SweetFX again to deselect it and what happens next is very quick: All SweetFXs get unticked, MONOCHROME itself remains ticked for a few ms, then it also gets unticked. Basically this makes it so that you either need to leave every single effect on or you can't use any of them.

I think I actually tracked down the issue though, it has something to do with the strange hover effect going on in the panel (hover over an effect or group of effect and it highlights it) it is very intuitive and can cause you to select things you don't want to. I had to hover over a different group of effects before I could untick individual SweetFXs and be super careful not to hover my cursor over the name or it would autoselect them.

Some images to illustrate:
Nothing clicked: a.1339.cf/kwcuzr.png
Only clicked MONOCHROME: a.1339.cf/wjtvnv.png
Hovering over a separate group allows me to bypass the strange behavior: a.1339.cf/twwiee.png
The annoying hover effect that selects everything you hover over even for a few ms: a.1339.cf/mmpnyw.png

As for the panels in the bottom left you can see in the images how the text is overlapping the buttons, what you can't see is that the green bars have a tendency to flash like its z-fighting or something. (This is really a non-issue, it doesn't effect functionality)
crosire wrote:
LuciferHawk wrote:
Sliders are basically shader developers choice. Whether they are text boxes or sliders is defined in the configuration files that the mediator parses. :) There might be more alternatives in the future.
I think he means that you can manually enter a value in the field the slider shows the current value in. Because that's often easier instead of having to move the slider to the correct position.

Yes exactly. I actually noticed afterwords that you (or another user) had already suggested this in another thread.

I think even being able to hold CTRL or SHIFT while moving the slider to use smaller increments would be fine.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Evolution0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #5

  • Ganossa
  • Ganossa's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 최정장군
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 838
You can use the key left/right to move sliders in the smallest increments.

Monochrome is part of the SweetFX shared shader which combines a number of shader. CJ implemented it that way so some technique overhead is avoided. It does exactly what it should do, selecting all shader that are part of the same shader group (in this case "shared shader"). Otherwise you would be able to move shader that are not supposed to be moved individually.

Again, you can deselect a group if you click on it after it was selected. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #6

Thanks for the tip, trying to convert sweetfx configs and get the values the same is going to be a bit less stressful then.

Yeah I noticed the group thing after the fact, its a bit un-intuitive. (One would assume its a bug and not a feature)

Also Is there something wrong with sweetfx colormatrix? The values are meant to go from 0.000 to 1.000 but it only goes from 0.000 to 0.100. Even the hint at the bottom specifies that it should sum to 1.000. And colormatrix blue y & z is only 1.00 rather than 1.000.

Edit: There is a typo in the sweetfx config file, colormatrix should look like this:
////---------------//
///**COLORMATRIX**///
//---------------////
#define USE_COLORMATRIX 1 //[Shared] //-Color Matrix : Allows color modification using a user-defined color matrix.

//>Color Matrix settings<\\
#define ColorMatrix_Red float3(0.817,0.183,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new red value should contain   - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Green float3(0.667,0.000,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new green value should contain - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Blue float3(0.875,1.000,1.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new blue value should contain  - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_strength 1.0 //[0.0:2.0] //-Adjust the strength

Not sure where its grabbing the values from though as changing it in my config isn't fixing it in Mediator.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Evolution0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #7

  • Ganossa
  • Ganossa's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 최정장군
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 838
The range field had not the correct values, it should look like this in the configuration file:
#define ColorMatrix_Red float3(0.817,0.183,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new red value should contain   - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Green float3(0.667,0.000,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new green value should contain - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Blue float3(0.875,1.000,1.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new blue value should contain  - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness

Good find.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mediator strange behavior 1 year 5 months ago #8

LuciferHawk wrote:
The range field had not the correct values, it should look like this in the configuration file:
#define ColorMatrix_Red float3(0.817,0.183,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new red value should contain   - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Green float3(0.667,0.000,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new green value should contain - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Blue float3(0.875,1.000,1.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new blue value should contain  - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness

Good find.

Yeah after correcting it in the main config contained in the ReShade root folder it was displayed correctly in Mediator though the sliders still can't seem to go up to 1.000 only 0.100. Edit: I'm an idiot, forgot the extra zero in the minimum value.

Also I suppose the default config would actually need to be:
////---------------//
///**COLORMATRIX**///
//---------------////
#define USE_COLORMATRIX 0 //[Shared] //-Color Matrix : Allows color modification using a user-defined color matrix.

//>Color Matrix settings<\\
#define ColorMatrix_Red float3(0.817,0.183,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new red value should contain   - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Green float3(0.333,0.667,0.000) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new green value should contain - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_Blue float3(0.000,0.125,0.875) //[0.000:1.000] //-How much of Red, Green and Blue the new blue value should contain  - Should sum to 1.000 if you don't wish to change the brightness
#define ColorMatrix_strength 1.0 //[0.0:2.0] //-Adjust the strength
With it off by default and the stock color matrix values from the regular sweetfx config.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Evolution0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.