Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Eventual Crash to Desktop

• vsTerminus
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by vsTerminus Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Eventual Crash to Desktop was created by vsTerminus
Hi ReShade team,

I don't think this is a widely known problem yet, but ReShade 5.x causes MS Flight Simulator to crash to desktop without any error message or warning after a period of roughly 1-2 hours. For me at least, it happens every session if I have the game running for long enough. It's not a sometimes thing, it's an every time thing. Reverting to Reshade 4.x resolves the problem, but obviously reintroduces all of the drawbacks associated as well.

My hardware:
- AMD Ryzen 7 5950x
- EVGA RTX 3090 Ti
- 64GB DDR4 system RAM
- ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard
- OS and game both installed on Samsung 980 Pro m.2 SSDs
- 2560x1440 144fps LG monitor
- TrackIR 5 head tracking
(I do have Valve Index VR but I was not using it this flight - VR flights crash same as 2d flights do)

I uninstalled ReShade 4.8.0 and then clean installed ReShade 5.7.0 and checked all boxes to download all available shaders.

The game launched at 10:37 local time and takes a few minutes to load. Then I waited a while for a marketplace download to finish before selecting a plane and airport. The last recent entry in reshade.log is at 11:19, which is probably around the time I finally loaded into the game world with my plane. I spent the next ~50 minutes just sitting on the ramp, either idling or fiddling with various systems when the game crashed at roughly 12:09. A total runtime of about 1 hour 32 minutes.

Doesn't matter whether I sit on the ramp and do nothing or get up in the air and fly, it crashes after 1-2 hours every time.

What's the best way to attach my reshade.log?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PilotCaleb
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #2 by PilotCaleb Replied by PilotCaleb on topic Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Eventual Crash to Desktop
I am having the same issue. Just around an hour and a half mark. Have you gotten anything to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.