"There was an unhandled exception and ESO must cl"

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Hiro1221 "There was an unhandled exception and ESO must cl" was created by Hiro1221
Hey all,

I installed the new ReShade+Framework (includes the new Mediator) into The Elder Scrolls Online and now I get "There was an unhandled exception and ESO must now close" with the following info underneath when launching from ESO Launcher:

[76F7C42D] KERNELBASE: RaiseException
[01BF24C7] eso:
[01529696] eso:
[01B61361] eso:
[01B61C6B] eso:
[01B750E2] eso:
[01B75731] eso:
[01500F78] eso:
[0152BB23] eso:
[01B88B0D] eso:
[771F337A] kernel32: BaseThreadInitThunk
[77B392E2] ntdll: RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[77B392B5] ntdll: RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[77B392B5] ntdll: RtlInitializeExceptionChain

If I use the regular launcher I get an error as well though don't have the details at the moment. Just remember having the normal error box come up asking to report it. Had some codes but don't have them. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? I've used SweetFX before on ESO and worked no problem. May not be the same but it's just extra details in case needed. I'm currently re-installing the game from scratch because even when I removed the files the game still had this error come up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic "There was an unhandled exception and ESO must cl"
Try to delete all ReShade files from ESO folder. Drop ReShade+Framework in another folder. Add ESO profile in the mediator and see if it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hiro1221, Frudu

• Hiro1221
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Hiro1221 Replied by Hiro1221 on topic "There was an unhandled exception and ESO must cl"
Appreciate it but that didn't work unfortunately. I had to re-install the game again after wiping all files first. No idea what happened but seems to be ok now. Another question if you don't mind though while you're here:

In your honest opinion, do you find using direct programs like SweetFX is better suited for a beginner like myself rather than using the FrameWork right now? I attempted to try FrameWork but then this happened and even before this issue came up, the game detection didn't seem to work right for me or really anything. Love the idea and seems great but I'm new to all of this so thinking FrameWork might be a bit much for me to handle right now.

I'm mainly trying to use shaders for Elder Scrolls Online and WildStar (which apparently will not allow the use of these things anymore or least haven't figured out how to yet) so I'm only concerned with making those look their best graphically.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic "There was an unhandled exception and ESO must cl"
One of the main goals of this project is to make it easier for users and developers :)
It is of course something we need to continuously work on.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.