5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games?

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 4 weeks ago - 9 months 4 weeks ago #1 by 2mg 5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games? was created by 2mg
I've installed 5.8.0, clean install, for game A.
I have previously been using 5.1.0 for game B that I don't wanna mess with and wanna keep it.

Loading the game A shows "An update is available!", and the ReShade.log shows that it calls 5.1.0 DLLs from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\ReShade\ReShade64\ReShade64.dll.
If I rename that ReShade 5.1.0 folder, the game A will call it from the C:\ProgramData\ReShade\ReShade64.dll.

How do I make sure that game A will call DLLs from the proper folder without renaming folders?
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by 2mg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games?
Delete C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\ReShade. You can't use multiple ReShade versions at the same time with Vulkan and there is no point in using the old one. Your config/presets won't be touched by doing so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2mg

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 4 weeks ago - 9 months 4 weeks ago #3 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic 5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games?
Wasn't sure if my presets and shaders would be touched if I upgraded from a really old version, so I kept two.

And that Vulkan has a different approach for DLLs compared to DirectX.

I have upgraded and everything is fine, except one installation that removed my Shaders folder that had custom .fx shaders not found in packs when installing ReShade, that nuked one of my "builds".
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by 2mg.

• crosire
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games?
It would habe been sufficient to just delete the old directory as those games would have automatically switched over to the new version (including your config/preset) without you having to do anything. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2mg

• 2mg
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #5 by 2mg Replied by 2mg on topic 5.8.0 pulling 5.1.0 DLLs for two entirely separate games?
It's ok, I probably hit uninstall to get rid of those old DLLs, just gotta be careful to back .ini files and reshade-shaders, but backing up goes for any application when upgrading :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.