Error Compiling effects

• Yukimura
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 1 week ago #1 by Yukimura Error Compiling effects was created by Yukimura
Ever since the upgrade to 5.9.1 (I think, it's been a while, and don't usually look at reshade when I turn on the game, so I don't usually remember untill I try to find new shaders) I've had errors compiling certain effects for the shaders. Noone arround me has this errors, and I know for a fact we use the same effect files. All the log says about the error is that there is an unrecognized property in each file, giving the parameters 'AdressU', 'Width', 'Height' and 'MinFilter'. I've not tampered with those files at all and I found no solution googling it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 months 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Error Compiling effects

I know for a fact we use the same effect files.

You aren't, you are using outdated effect files that have since been fixed, so just need to update those.

• Yukimura
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #3 by Yukimura Replied by Yukimura on topic Error Compiling effects
Ignore this, I'm not used to posting in forums and such.
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Yukimura.

• Yukimura
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 1 week ago #4 by Yukimura Replied by Yukimura on topic Error Compiling effects

You aren't, you are using outdated effect files that have since been fixed, so just need to update those.

How do I find these updated effect files then? I took them from Gshade as the exodus happened. Do I have to go back to Gshade to update them or does Reshade have effect files that work with Gshade presets too?

• crosire
More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Error Compiling effects
Most of those were originally copied from the repositories of the actual authors (which is where the ReShade setup tool sources shaders from). But if you want the convenient route, can just download and replace the full GShade collection manually from github.com/Mortalitas/GShade/tree/master again to update (Code > Download ZIP).
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yukimura

• Yukimura
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 5 days ago #6 by Yukimura Replied by Yukimura on topic Error Compiling effects
I've finally got time to re-download them but there is still an effect file that is not working. Just a singular one, [qUNIT_ssr.fx], again for unrecognized property 'AdressU'

• crosire
More
7 months 5 days ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Error Compiling effects

• Dolo_007
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #8 by Dolo_007 Replied by Dolo_007 on topic Error Compiling effects
how do i download them and put them to my files.

• GregoryRowley
More
6 months 1 week ago #9 by GregoryRowley Replied by GregoryRowley on topic Error Compiling effects
Ensure that your Reshade version is up-to-date and matches your friends'. Additionally, check the shader files for any unintended modifications.

• Jihihix
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10 by Jihihix Replied by Jihihix on topic Error Compiling effects
I have the exact same issue. I've tried manually downloading every fx file that doesn't compile directly from Mortalitas' repository, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Has anyone found a different solution?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.