[SOLVED] Help Please! I tried uninstalling SweetFX...

• JJ
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by JJ Help Please! I tried uninstalling SweetFX... was created by JJ
I installed SweetFX on MS Flight Simulator (FSX.exe) and it worked. I decided to uninstall it by deleting the following from my Flight Simulator folder:
SweetFX folder
dxgi.dll
ReShade.fx
Sweet.fx
After deleting the files, I get a black screen when I run FSX. I tried re-running ReShade Setup.exe on fsx.exe with the Direct3D 10/11 option but now I am still getting a black screen!
I'd like to just uninstall it completely. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JJ
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by JJ Replied by JJ on topic Help Please! I tried uninstalling SweetFX...
Solved it. After deleting all the files, I looked for the Shaders folder under Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX, made a backup of it and deleted it. When I restarted FSX, it re-creates it and problem solved. I hope this helps someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.