2D Games, Shaders?

• paxton676
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by paxton676 2D Games, Shaders? was created by paxton676
Are there any 2D shaders for Reshade? It would be nice to have shaders that smooth out 2D textures.

For example, XBRZ shader. sourceforge.net/projects/xbrz/files/xBRZ/

I like to apply Reshade to emulators. This would be useful for emulators.

I made it a request. reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/1137...z-shader-for-2d#8868
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by paxton676.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcabel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eternalightwithin
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by eternalightwithin Replied by eternalightwithin on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
I too would like a preset for 2D games or mixed 2D/3D games.

Right now I'm looking at trying to fix Final Fantasy III NDS port and Final Fantasy V which just came out last week. The built in filter in that game is terrible. Trying to smooth out the jaggies as well as use a gaussian blur to cut down on the tiling/banding due to mismatched tiles.

PS LuciferHawk, Your mediator frontend has a nice windows look to it in the mediator thread. My mediator that came with Reshade 1.0 doesn't look like that at all. It's black and the tabs are all close together. Is this an old version?

David

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
We are aware of those requests but there is usually a long list to which end they have to be added ;) I am going to port an HQX shader next which was thought of for those 2D emulated games.

@eternalightwithin, we decided to change the look of the mediator from the old windows style to a new metro look. (A lot of work went into that overhaul)
From the features alone you would notice how much advanced the overhauled version became. Concerning the layout/look, thats always a question of taste ;) but we made that decision together (with the user suggestions).
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

• eternalightwithin
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by eternalightwithin Replied by eternalightwithin on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
Thank you for replying LH.

Ah, sorry about that, <Opens mouth, inserts foot>
I've been fooling around with Mediator and I'm learning how to use it. I'm familiarizing myself with all the tabs and check-boxes.
I think I got the hang of it ^^

THank you for all your hard work and bless you for that HQX filter :woohoo:

Dave

• JPulowski
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
As a side note, I am also planning to port the entire libretro suite to ReShade. (At least the ones which does not require downsampling/upsampling.) I have too much on my plate right now, so I cannot give an ETA. But when it's done, I'll make everyone know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jigurdan, SpinelessJelly, PapermanZero

• acknowledge
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
Hi LH,very impressive on your excellent job.
And I just wanna ask: will the hqx shader you mentioned above be smart enough to just deal with 2d element, and automatically ignore 3d ones in 2D/3D games?Cause 3D part wil look ugly when been processed by image scaling methods.
Here are some comparison pics(pay attention to 3rd pic in Dragon Quest IX, which been dealed with xBRZ).
Anyway, thx again for the surprise you bring to us!

• PapermanZero
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by PapermanZero Replied by PapermanZero on topic 2D Games, Shaders?
2xSAI, bilinear (blur), xBRZ would be great.
Especially for 2D games like shantae or applications like DosBox.

Would it be possible to upscale games as well?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.