Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII???

ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #1

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 15
D3D9 version of Dark Souls II with GeDoSaTo, IMO, looks better than D3D11 version of Dark Souls II. Is it possible to make D3D11 version + ReShade look the same as D3D9 version + GeDoSaTo? I recall D3D9 version + GeDoSaTo had great SuperSampling, HBAO/SSAO, etc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII??? 7 months 3 weeks ago #2

• roxahris
  • Refreshing yet disheartening bucket of water
No, not really. The mods for the D3D9 version have access to variables that ReShade does not. I don't think ReShade has depth buffer access in SotFS, so no AO, and the new tonemapping really messes with the colour ranges so you won't necessarily get a good effect with that either.

ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII??? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 15
roxahris wrote:
No, not really. The mods for the D3D9 version have access to variables that ReShade does not. I don't think ReShade has depth buffer access in SotFS, so no AO, and the new tonemapping really messes with the colour ranges so you won't necessarily get a good effect with that either.

Are there any screenshots out there that compare DSII D3D9 + High Quality GeDoSaTo (SuperSampling, SSAO, etc.) vs. DSII D3D11 ? In your opinion, which versions looks better (assuming D3D9 version is used with High Quality GeDoSaTo settings) ?

ReShade + D3D11 DSII = GeDoSaTo D3D9 DSII??? 7 months 2 weeks ago #4

• robgrab
  • Thank you received: 21
That is unfortunate. I specifically bought DS2 SotFS a while ago thinking the addition of DX11 would make it look better (plus it includes all the DLC) but I quickly learned that wasn't the case. Unfortunately mods like GeDoSaTo and ENB only work with DX9. I might eventually pick up the original DS2 (DX9 version) on a Steam Fire Sale since I can't justify buying the same guy twice. In the meantime I'm having loads of fun with DS3.