Screenshot Thread

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago #3681 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Screenshot Thread

Ryuken wrote: A Plague Tale Innocence

Warning: Spoiler!

Would you mind sharing your preset with me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3682 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Screenshot Thread
Rage

The game is another example of potentially amazing graphics not only for its time but until today, it's a bit Crysis 3 - but then it has been let down by numerous decisions that cheapened the graphics in detail, possibly because 2007 was much too early for most rigs for these graphics (when an amazing E3 trailer was presented), but in 2011 consoles still reportedly struggled (understandably). Still, the technical delivery of the PC (port? version?) was buggy, and there are still problems with texture streaming. A mere turning of 180° regularly results in texture popping, even with the recommended INI adjustments. I tried my best to hide the numerous weaknesses in detail. Contrast ("Curves") had to be adjusted in both directions, depending on the scene.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman, Skinner

• Teh_pwnisher
More
4 years 10 months ago #3683 by Teh_pwnisher Replied by Teh_pwnisher on topic Screenshot Thread

Martigen wrote: Amazing shots!

Can I request that when people share screenshots, to also provide a link to their preset? Invariably others will want to use the same preset for the game they're playing, and it's a nice way of contributing to the community.

Yeah, I never understood why people just posts screenshots and nothing else. It's like, so? Without a preset it is just a picture of some dudes video game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll, Viper_Joe

• Mobeeuz
More
4 years 10 months ago #3684 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Screenshot Thread

Teh_pwnisher wrote: Yeah, I never understood why people just posts screenshots and nothing else. It's like, so? Without a preset it is just a picture of some dudes video game.

Because it's not a preset, they are adjustments per screenshot - "Contrast ("Curves") had to be adjusted in both directions, depending on the scene." It's meant as a example of how the game can look. You'll find pretty much every set of screenshots in this forum uses the same methodology.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• JBeckman
More
4 years 10 months ago #3685 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Screenshot Thread
Rage in addition also has a very aggressive green tinted tone-map effect but doing the r_skipglare command also removes other post-process effects in entirety, I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue and then various weather or time of day conditions and varying degrees of light and shadow and other effects.

ReShade wouldn't really know what the frame has either so some dynamic settings that can scale things up or down is probably impossible and then quick movements and such and the sliders would be all over the place anyway. Impressive screenshots but yeah I'd imagine a lot of the setups used would be specific to the screenshot itself and it's conditions or what the game is displaying and much more. :)

Would be more something like ENB and less of a generic solution for having that type of integration and support and even then there would be limitations to what could be done.

Oh and nice to see RAGE 1 still holding up fairly well with some tweaks too!
(As long as you don't get too close to some of the prop textures from what I remember though for the time it was a nice technical feat even with those drawbacks.)

• Duran.te
More
4 years 10 months ago #3686 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Screenshot Thread

JBeckman wrote: I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue

It could be solved with a shader that calculates the average color tone and subtract it from the image. This way generic corrections could be made regardless of the scene. It won't be as precise as tweaking a configuration for each scene, but it would still be a thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago #3687 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Screenshot Thread

Duran.te wrote:

JBeckman wrote: I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue

It could be solved with a shader that calculates the average color tone and subtract it from the image. This way generic corrections could be made regardless of the scene. It won't be as precise as tweaking a configuration for each scene, but it would still be a thing.

Like Daodan's Remove Tint Shader? gist.github.com/Daodan317081/e37ed064afc33e4a9d807b806d87f0fa
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman

• kaicooper
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3688 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Screenshot Thread
Luigi’s Mansion

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by kaicooper.

• kaicooper
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3689 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Screenshot Thread
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by kaicooper.

• BeTa
More
4 years 10 months ago #3690 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Screenshot Thread
Some ReShaded "ISLANDERS"

The following user(s) said Thank You: kaicooper

• Ryuken
More
4 years 9 months ago #3691 by Ryuken Replied by Ryuken on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER

• kaicooper
More
4 years 8 months ago #3692 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Screenshot Thread
Super Mario 3D World (Cemu)

• kaicooper
More
4 years 8 months ago #3693 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Screenshot Thread
Nier Aotomata

• Matt Gore
More
4 years 8 months ago #3694 by Matt Gore Replied by Matt Gore on topic Screenshot Thread
Hi, I made a huge amount of screenshots to compare several sharpening filters against blurry TAAed games or for crisper upscaling. You can find them here:
misie.ga/sharp (ad-free website)

The following user(s) said Thank You: kaicooper, jas01, JBeckman, Daodan

• yahowha
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #3695 by yahowha Replied by yahowha on topic Screenshot Thread
vhs
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by yahowha.

• kaicooper
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #3696 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Screenshot Thread
A Plague Tale Innocence

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by kaicooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Gore

• Daodan
More
4 years 8 months ago #3697 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Screenshot Thread
ROTTR

SOTTR

The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, Apocalypso, Matt Gore

• yahowha
More
4 years 8 months ago #3698 by yahowha Replied by yahowha on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fu-Bama

• Daodan
More
4 years 8 months ago #3699 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Screenshot Thread

• Dom324
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #3700 by Dom324 Replied by Dom324 on topic Screenshot Thread
A work in progress Witcher 3 shader, colors are a bit too much saturated to my taste, I will probably tune it down a bit. Love how it looks in Novigrad (in gameplay it´s night and day difference). The interiors suffer from oversaturation. It might seem a bit oversharpened, but during gameplay it feels fine.
Shaders used:
Deblur (only small difference in visuals, but I decided to include it in screenshots)
SmartSharp (sharpness something like 0.6, no depth map, Depth Cues on)
Clarity (intensity 0.5, rest on default)
SMAA (color detection, I set the thresshold really high, like 0.3 - it does not blur the image as much and gets rid of most anti aliasing)
MXAO (GTAO on, don´t remember which blend mode, constantly changing that)
Lightroom
cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/...e9-b9b8-0edaf8f81e27
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Dom324.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.