Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Screenshot Thread

Screenshot Thread 3 months 1 week ago #3681

Ryuken wrote:
A Plague Tale Innocence
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Would you mind sharing your preset with me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Screenshot Thread 3 months 1 week ago #3682

Rage

The game is another example of potentially amazing graphics not only for its time but until today, it's a bit Crysis 3 - but then it has been let down by numerous decisions that cheapened the graphics in detail, possibly because 2007 was much too early for most rigs for these graphics (when an amazing E3 trailer was presented), but in 2011 consoles still reportedly struggled (understandably). Still, the technical delivery of the PC (port? version?) was buggy, and there are still problems with texture streaming. A mere turning of 180° regularly results in texture popping, even with the recommended INI adjustments. I tried my best to hide the numerous weaknesses in detail. Contrast ("Curves") had to be adjusted in both directions, depending on the scene.

Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman

Screenshot Thread 3 months 3 days ago #3683

Martigen wrote:
Amazing shots!

Can I request that when people share screenshots, to also provide a link to their preset? Invariably others will want to use the same preset for the game they're playing, and it's a nice way of contributing to the community.

Yeah, I never understood why people just posts screenshots and nothing else. It's like, so? Without a preset it is just a picture of some dudes video game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll, Viper_Joe

Screenshot Thread 3 months 3 days ago #3684

Teh_pwnisher wrote:
Yeah, I never understood why people just posts screenshots and nothing else. It's like, so? Without a preset it is just a picture of some dudes video game.
Because it's not a preset, they are adjustments per screenshot - "Contrast ("Curves") had to be adjusted in both directions, depending on the scene." It's meant as a example of how the game can look. You'll find pretty much every set of screenshots in this forum uses the same methodology.
What is The Ashrealm?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

Screenshot Thread 3 months 2 days ago #3685

Rage in addition also has a very aggressive green tinted tone-map effect but doing the r_skipglare command also removes other post-process effects in entirety, I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue and then various weather or time of day conditions and varying degrees of light and shadow and other effects.

ReShade wouldn't really know what the frame has either so some dynamic settings that can scale things up or down is probably impossible and then quick movements and such and the sliders would be all over the place anyway. Impressive screenshots but yeah I'd imagine a lot of the setups used would be specific to the screenshot itself and it's conditions or what the game is displaying and much more. :)

Would be more something like ENB and less of a generic solution for having that type of integration and support and even then there would be limitations to what could be done.

Oh and nice to see RAGE 1 still holding up fairly well with some tweaks too!
(As long as you don't get too close to some of the prop textures from what I remember though for the time it was a nice technical feat even with those drawbacks.)

Screenshot Thread 3 months 1 day ago #3686

JBeckman wrote:
I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue

It could be solved with a shader that calculates the average color tone and subtract it from the image. This way generic corrections could be made regardless of the scene. It won't be as precise as tweaking a configuration for each scene, but it would still be a thing.

Screenshot Thread 3 months 1 day ago #3687

Duran.te wrote:
JBeckman wrote:
I would imagine color balancing to be very scene specific as a result if you want optimal values for when doing screenshots instead of something more general for regular gameplay that works but might not be 100% depending on if this part of the game is more red, green or blue

It could be solved with a shader that calculates the average color tone and subtract it from the image. This way generic corrections could be made regardless of the scene. It won't be as precise as tweaking a configuration for each scene, but it would still be a thing.

Like Daodan's Remove Tint Shader? gist.github.com/Daodan317081/e37ed064afc33e4a9d807b806d87f0fa

Screenshot Thread 3 months 1 day ago #3688

Luigi’s Mansion

Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by kaicooper.

Screenshot Thread 3 months 11 hours ago #3689

Last Edit: 3 months 11 hours ago by kaicooper.

Screenshot Thread 3 months 6 hours ago #3690

Some ReShaded "ISLANDERS"

The following user(s) said Thank You: kaicooper

Screenshot Thread 2 months 4 weeks ago #3691

The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER

Screenshot Thread 1 month 3 weeks ago #3692

Super Mario 3D World (Cemu)

Screenshot Thread 1 month 2 weeks ago #3693

Nier Aotomata

Screenshot Thread 1 month 1 week ago #3694

Hi, I made a huge amount of screenshots to compare several sharpening filters against blurry TAAed games or for crisper upscaling. You can find them here:
misie.ga/sharp (ad-free website)

The following user(s) said Thank You: kaicooper, jas01, JBeckman, Daodan

Screenshot Thread 1 month 1 week ago #3695

vhs
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by yahowha.

Screenshot Thread 1 month 5 days ago #3696

A Plague Tale Innocence

Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by kaicooper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Gore

Screenshot Thread 1 month 2 days ago #3697

ROTTR

SOTTR

The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, Apocalypso, Matt Gore

Screenshot Thread 1 month 2 days ago #3698

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fu-Bama

Screenshot Thread 1 month 22 hours ago #3699

Screenshot Thread 1 week 4 days ago #3700

A work in progress Witcher 3 shader, colors are a bit too much saturated to my taste, I will probably tune it down a bit. Love how it looks in Novigrad (in gameplay it´s night and day difference). The interiors suffer from oversaturation. It might seem a bit oversharpened, but during gameplay it feels fine.
Shaders used:
Deblur (only small difference in visuals, but I decided to include it in screenshots)
SmartSharp (sharpness something like 0.6, no depth map, Depth Cues on)
Clarity (intensity 0.5, rest on default)
SMAA (color detection, I set the thresshold really high, like 0.3 - it does not blur the image as much and gets rid of most anti aliasing)
MXAO (GTAO on, don´t remember which blend mode, constantly changing that)
Lightroom
cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/...e9-b9b8-0edaf8f81e27
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Dom324.