Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DX12 Support

DX12 Support 3 months 2 days ago #1

I've read WHY we won't be seeing DX12 support so I don't need that explanation, I'm just wondering is there really no one else out there who can pick up the reigns on this project so we can see this implemented in the near future?

WoW's BFA expansion came out recently and they introduced DX12, with this on I get 20-30fps more than when using DX11. The only problem is the games color tone is just so bland and looks washed out without ReShade. I'm caught in the middle since now I'm using an ultrawide 3440x1440p monitor that caps at 120Hz I can use all the extra fps I can get, I know I'm not the only one pushing higher resolutions with higher Hz.

I know I'm not the only one and I know this isn't the only game out there utilizing DX12 plus future games that will continue to implement it. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just trying to have an honest conversation. I can't imagine playing a game without ReShade, I remember the RadeonPro days and think about just how far this project has gone since then. I've told everyone I know about it over the years because its just that damn good. It's a literal game changer.

Thanks Crosire for all the time and hardwork over the years. Like I said, I don't know how I would game without SweetFX/ReShade all these years :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DomoInSlowMo

DX12 Support 3 months 2 days ago #2

Just wanted to echo all of this :)

DX12 is small for now but in time it will become the defacto. I was thinking about this recently -- do we need to crowdfund a developer to implement DX12 support? I'd still like to see Crosire sign-off on any patches, and I'm sure he'd have his own advice to give, but we could perhaps pay someone to do the legwork.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raww

DX12 Support 3 months 1 day ago #3

Martigen wrote:
Just wanted to echo all of this :)

DX12 is small for now but in time it will become the defacto.


Maybe with DX13 or something. Certainly not any time soon. There are no non-Windows-Store exclusive games that don't have DX11 support (and in the same note, DX12 usually performs worse when DX11 is available).

Instead, Vulkan would be a much more reasonable API to support, considering the list of games and game engines that support it already.

Special mention to Star Citizen which replaced DX12 support with Vulkan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 3 months 1 day ago #4

Actually, it would be great if both Vulkan and DX12 APIs are supported in the ReShade. I would concur for crowdfunding.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 3 months 1 day ago #5

ShoterXX wrote:
Martigen wrote:
Just wanted to echo all of this :)

DX12 is small for now but in time it will become the defacto.


Maybe with DX13 or something. Certainly not any time soon. There are no non-Windows-Store exclusive games that don't have DX11 support (and in the same note, DX12 usually performs worse when DX11 is available).

Instead, Vulkan would be a much more reasonable API to support, considering the list of games and game engines that support it already.

Special mention to Star Citizen which replaced DX12 support with Vulkan.
Yes Vulkan is a necessity too, and I agree probably more important than DX12.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 2 weeks ago #6

I agree with the necessity of supporting different API's like Vulkan and DX12. And for sure its not an easy task u can do by day otherwise sir crosire would already have done it. Maybe if he agrees we could start a crowdfunding for this.

Against the general opinion of DX12 is just a luxury thing which isnt rly needed cuz the effort to achieve it is not justified due to lower performance or higher prices in graphic cards (the higher priced ones are better in DX12 games thanks to more performance) and so on - most cases arent even confirmed while others have already been declared false. Besides that which doesnt reflect my opinion(s) in this case its time to discuss this seriously cuz the new nvidia RTX cards are on the run and im inclined to buy one cuz of the performance it gives u in DX12 games and first of all it gives u the possibilty of raytracing which is the most awesome invention in consumer graphics for a long time. It makes the environment looks so photorealistic on a 4k monitor/tv and even on 1080p.

So please lets discuss this topic properly. DX12 is the maximum for now and we should give it a try!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by DomoInSlowMo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 2 weeks ago #7

Vulkan / DX12 ecosystem is still very young and it makes sense to wait for now (e.g. until open-source libraries with support for the APIs mature). The author's decision is perfectly understandable for someone working for free in the spare time.

However ReShade's source code is cleanly separated when it comes to the rendering APIs, so there's nothing stopping someone from creating forks to add support.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by niftucal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 2 weeks ago #8

niftucal wrote:
Vulkan / DX12 ecosystem is still very young and it makes sense to wait for now (e.g. until open-source libraries with support for the APIs mature). The author's decision is perfectly understandable for someone working for free in the spare time.

However ReShade's source code is cleanly separated when it comes to the rendering APIs, so there's nothing stopping someone from creating forks to add support.

Not only that he already did hooking code for both APIs. reshade.me/forum/suggestions/3687-vulkan#24500

If someone is talented enough to do the rest of whats needed for Vulkan they can use the resources at vulkan-tutorial.com & www.khronos.org/registry/vulkan/ to help them. For DX12 I think it's this link. github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTK12/wiki/Getting-Started

At the same time finding someone is the hard part.
My GitHub page where you can get the Latest release of SuperDepth3D github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D

My PayPal Me Link If you like to donate paypal.me/BlueSkyDefender

Also my steam page steamcommunity.com/id/BlueSkyDefender

Discord Server discord.gg/W2f7YhX
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 2 weeks ago #9

I only browsed the source code, but a possible solution for Vulkan could be to use the DirectX 11 shaders and convert them using code from DXVK.

Personally I'm in no hurry to support them but it seems feasible if the community comes together and helps.
Last Edit: 1 month 17 hours ago by niftucal. Reason: simplification
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 1 day ago #10

So...

I was of the position there wasn't much happening in DX12 land and we had time to sort this somehow, eventually.

And then Shadow of the Tomb Raider dropped this week. It's impressive, it's graphically beautiful. and the DX12 implementation is a massive 50% faster than DX11 on my system -- 64 fps to 94 fps, DX11 to DX12.

That's huge, and necessary to try and hit my 100hz limit on the monitor -- turning down a setting or two should do it for DX12, but DX11 no chance.

But being DX12, no Reshade :(

I think we're going to start seeing this more and more. How can we fast track this? :)

Edit: Dang it Crosire, you unfriended me on Steam :) (I don't take it personally, we haven't chatted much and I'm sure you're just cleaning your list) -- and I know money probably isn't an issue (I presume more a function of time/desire) -- but I was going to offer to buy SOTTR for you if it would help develop DX12 support. :)
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Martigen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 2 months 1 day ago #11

I do have SOTTR, but I'm happily running it on Windows 7, so no such thing as DX12 there. Vulkan support is more likely to come in the future.
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 3 weeks ago #12

I know your busy but reshade is honestly the best thing that's ever been created for games.

I use a gaming monitor asus pg279q and it needs luma sharpen as they seem to go for a blur looked these days in games looks terrible but long story short please add dx12 support create a dono page and if you hit a certain amount then create im sure the funding will provide for your time and effort as I would be willing to donate $100 towards the project and im sure others would be willing to contribute please think about it man as games look so blurry with out reshade.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by -white-.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 2 days ago #13

We can always keep the dream alive boys!!! Never give up hope!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 2 days ago #14

Vulkan support is better than DX12 ;) No DX game is (and will be) DX-12 only, excluding MS Store ones.

And maybe adding/creating a direct OGL to VK wrapper :D (there's a good number of candidates for this, but a lot in an abandoned state of development)

For now DX11 & 9 is perfect, so you can chain ReShade to dgVoodoo2 /Crosire d3d8to9 wrapper (really performance wise) and bring life to some old friends :p
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by lowenz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 1 day ago #15

lowenz wrote:
Vulkan support is better than DX12 ;) No DX game is (and will be) DX-12 only, excluding MS Store ones.

Well, not really. DXR (DirectX Ray Tracing) is exclusive to DX12. So, if you are to play with ray traced AO (which gives huge improvements in IQ), you'll have to use DX12 rendering path ... without ReShade so far :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 1 day ago #16

conan2k wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Vulkan support is better than DX12 ;) No DX game is (and will be) DX-12 only, excluding MS Store ones.

Well, not really. DXR (DirectX Ray Tracing) is exclusive to DX12. So, if you are to play with ray traced AO (which gives huge improvements in IQ), you'll have to use DX12 rendering path ... without ReShade so far :(
devblogs.nvidia.com/vulkan-raytracing/ ^_^
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 1 day ago #17

Even if we do get dx12 support, will UWP games even allow it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX12 Support 1 month 17 hours ago #18

lowenz wrote:
conan2k wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Vulkan support is better than DX12 ;) No DX game is (and will be) DX-12 only, excluding MS Store ones.

Well, not really. DXR (DirectX Ray Tracing) is exclusive to DX12. So, if you are to play with ray traced AO (which gives huge improvements in IQ), you'll have to use DX12 rendering path ... without ReShade so far :(
devblogs.nvidia.com/vulkan-raytracing/ ^_^

Nice, how many games will support ray tracing via Vulkan API? Take a look at the list of already announced titles, I believe all of those are going to use DX12 and not Vulkan:
Announced titles with ray tracing support

Don't understand me wrong, I'm not saying that the support of Vulkan is not needed. But DX12 support should be definitely higher on the priority/to-do list.
The administrator has disabled public write access.