Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?

• MindBlend
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #1 by MindBlend Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface? was created by MindBlend
and masking is not a solution, unless one can set up dynamic masks (multiple masks) for pop up window positions?

This is an example of an older game, where I use an older tool (discontinued) like reshade to tell the post processing effects to avoid the user interface, interface is kept in color while the world is rendered black and white.

Is it a security risk to have an innate ability to avoid post processing on the interface?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aaronth07
More
4 years 1 week ago #2 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?
No, it just wouldn't be generic. There was a test shader that (over time) created a dynamic mask based on unmoving pixels compared to moving ones. It never got released though.

• demolisher
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #3 by demolisher Replied by demolisher on topic Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?
With some games you can get lucky and get UI mask from depthbuffer
For example: Dishonored 2/Doto has it:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by demolisher.

• MindBlend
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #4 by MindBlend Replied by MindBlend on topic Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?

demolisher wrote: With some games you can get lucky and get UI mask from depthbuffer
For example: Dishonored 2/Doto has it:

Is there a filter for this? Or how would I try this?
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by MindBlend.

• demolisher
More
4 years 1 week ago #5 by demolisher Replied by demolisher on topic Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?

• MindBlend
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 days ago #6 by MindBlend Replied by MindBlend on topic Is there no solution for avoiding processing over User Interface?

demolisher wrote: I did a small tweak to UImask shader:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/4185-...modify-ui-mask#27402

I was unable to get this to work. Does it work with a specific version of reshade? only one modified for zbuffer is 4.2.1 i think.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.