CRT Easymode from retroarch?

• Xor_Tv
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Xor_Tv CRT Easymode from retroarch? was created by Xor_Tv
Has anyone here seen this CRT Easymode shader in the works in retroarch?

It looks amazing imo and I'd like to have a similar effect through Reshade, however the 2 which are incorperated into the program do not seem to be able to recreate the effect i'm looking for correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flamex
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #2 by Flamex Replied by Flamex on topic CRT Easymode from retroarch?
+1 !
I also use different crt shaders in retroarch and they look quite great. Unfortunately it's not possible to do it reshade. Advanced CRT is totally inacurate.
There's also Pixelart CRT from reshade is based on lottes crt also available in retroarch and looks a bit similar with what you're looking for.
However it doesn't works properly. I think there's an offset error in the picture treatment. But I don't know how to code and no one here seems to be interested in these kind of effects :(
Moreover some "neo retro" pixel art game won't ever be perfectly compatible because the internal resolution is bigger than the "fake pixel" size so it will never be perfectly accurate. Shantae Risky's Revenge and it's sequel. Shovel Knight, and many others are concerned.
On the other hand there's plenty of game that could perfectly fit. But there's still this issue with the shader
You can check my post about it.
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/1694-help-with-pixelart-crt
Let's hope that someone will possibly port some retroarch shaders to reshade !
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Flamex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.