Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur?

Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur? 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

• luluco250
  • Thank you received: 51
This is a test frame blending shader I'm working on, maybe it's better than the Framework's maybe it's not, the idea is that it collects past frames and blends them.
Really alpha stage but I wanted some feedback.
The main technical issue, which can only be *so much* solved is that low framerates will yield a ghosting effect, but if you can get more than 60 (specially around the 100's) it looks fantastic.

Here's a test version you can get for 3.0: my.mixtape.moe/kacblt.fx
I'd recommend an intensity setting of 0.8.

On the technical part, it's just collecting the framebuffer 4 times on 4 techniques and then blending them in a 5th technique with the framebuffer.
I'm being careful not to introduce input lag as well.
Obviously this isn't exactly the prettiest implementation, but the quality seems to be a bit better than just lerping through the last frames like
lerp(lastFrame, currentFrame, shutterSpeed)

I'm considering implementing some sort of "framerate threshold", similar to what I did on another temporal motion blur shader I have here.
The great thing about this implementation is that it gives you high quality full scene motion blur, as long as you have enough FPS for it.

Here's a gif [HD]:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, andrew, Genrix, Aksine12

Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur? 2 months 3 weeks ago #2

Good work ! I was waiting for months, looking for a good motion blur in reshade.
I tested the shader, but did'nt understand, how it works, the image was frozen (ghosting), a bit dark. I have tested on reshade 3.0.7b.

Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur? 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

• luluco250
  • Thank you received: 51
andrew wrote:
Good work ! I was waiting for months, looking for a good motion blur in reshade.
I tested the shader, but did'nt understand, how it works, the image was frozen (ghosting), a bit dark. I have tested on reshade 3.0.7b.

There are 5 techniques to be enabled, you'll get artifacts otherwise.
The actual blending occurs in FrameBlender_Blend, the others are just saving the image at different times.

Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur? 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

Doesn't seem to work for some reason ,i enabled all five techniques

Who said ReShade can't do quality motion blur? 1 month 2 weeks ago #5

Hey did you update this shader ?