Adjustment of Levels / Midtones

• S74L1N
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by S74L1N Adjustment of Levels / Midtones was created by S74L1N
Hey guys, I am totally in love with ReShade, but there is one question that is not clear for me yet.

Shader 'Levels' allows me to set the black and white points, but what about of midtones?
I checked all other shaders that come with ReShade and did not find something useful for that.

I really need an ability to adjust midtones (for some games i'd rather adjust midtones than black point) and I hope there exists one and I just did not search for that properly :)

Please help, much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Adjustment of Levels / Midtones
Use Tonemap to adjust Gamma.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S74L1N

• S74L1N
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by S74L1N Replied by S74L1N on topic Adjustment of Levels / Midtones
Thanks, i am also thinking about the Fake HDR... theoretically it can make what i need. I need the darkest places to be visible. When i adjust black point, around +30 (when i like the image overall), the darkest places are completely black.

Addition: thanks again, a combination of Levels and Tonemap worked brilliantly for me!
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by S74L1N. Reason: Addition

• AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Adjustment of Levels / Midtones
the LiftGammaGain setting has been the best for me in terms of adjusting Midtones, shadows, and highlights (brightest parts of the image) spererately. I would put it at the top of you sorting order, dragging it up to the top of the reshade menu or changing it to the front in the TechniqueSorting in the preset .ini file, which should give it dominion over all the other settings.

The middle row in the LiftGammaGain setting is the midtones, top is the shadows, and bottom row is the highlights. The three columns are red, green, blue, in that order. Hope that helps!

• canceralp
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Adjustment of Levels / Midtones
I am using a simpler approach,
1) Levels - > clip blacks and whites
2) Vibrance - > intelligently increase colors where necessary
3) Clearity - > intelligently clear the light and shadow of the scene by also being able to adjust bloom and blur radius'

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Adjustment of Levels / Midtones
Use Lightroom, it's everything you're asking for and more: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4393-quint#28351

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.