qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1 by Marty McFly qUINT was created by Marty McFly
qUINT - quintessential shader collection for ReShade 3

Blahblah prep talk to get you to use my shaders ahead:
You there! Did you ever get confused by the amount of shaders available for ReShade, were you unsure what they do and which ones to use? Did you just download them all and try them out and found your own personal set but it just doesn't cut it? Did you leave your config as is because experimenting with virtually infinite combinations is just too tiresome? Well, this might be the solution to all your problems. Unless you're friendzoned, then you're fucked. Sorry, pal.

Introducing qUINT, a collection of highly polished shaders, one of which you might already know! Numerous reasons led to the creation of this: the previously stated problem with too many filters that all do various things being only the most obvious one. ReShade shares textures between shaders, mostly shaders do very redundant work so textures (read: vram usage) build up, performance goes down. Without bothering you with all the details, here's a rundown what this thingy here is and what it can do for you:
qUINT is a set of shaders which tries to cover as many requirements a config author has, while consisting of as few shaders as possible. Why use 30 color correction shaders when a single streamlined filter can do it all, much better and easier? qUINT is no shader bundle such as MasterEffect or SweetFX or the ReShade Framework - you can still use each filter separately, they just benefit from each other when used together. qUINT is still under construction, so there's more to come, I'm very open for suggestions! Here's current feature set:
  • MXAO The definitive Ambient Obscurance shader for ReShade. As of now, MXAO will be distributed as part of qUINT, mostly because Windows 10 seems to force HDR for games, even when they or your screen doesn't support it. To make AO still function, an expensive workaround has to be done which doesn't pack the punch if all shaders using this workaround share a common include file. Nothing changes for you if you only want to use MXAO, all you get is one additional harmless file in your shader folder.

• ADOF My second main project. The version included in the current ReShade repository is from 2015/16, this shader is 2-3 years ahead in development. The ENBSeries version of this file is being used in almost every Skyrim SE ENB configuration. Now here for ReShade.

• Lightroom A project I've been working on for a long while. The most comprehensive color grading filter available for ReShade, with numerous features modeled after Photoshop/Adobe Lightroom features so in case you are adept in this area, this will feel like home. Some of you use a very old and buggy wip version which I accidentally leaked in my Skyrim SE ReShade preset. In case you have that, you know what this can do. If not, get ready to have your mind blown. Here you get the shader how I wanted to release it, adapted for latest ReShade 3.4 features.

• Bloom My private bloom shader. What shader collection would this be without including a bloom shader. It's extremely optimized for performance and memory consumption. I consider it a work in progress so no eye adaptation or such.

• Screen-space Reflections Spiritual successor of RBM (Reflective Bumpmapping), it adds raytraced reflections to the scene. It's highly experimental at this stage, but can already create a beautiful scenery when used correctly.

github - updated regularily:
qUINT on github
deprecated:
qUINT 1.0.002 hotfix
qUINT 1.0.001 hotfix
qUINT 1.0.000

Installation is straightfoward, just drop the files into your shader folder, ReShade will find them. You don't need to use all of the shaders, and you can freely combine them with other shaders as you see fit. Note that all qUINT shaders use the qUINT_common.fxh, so don't remove it.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLAMNDAN, Wicked Sick, BeTa, Pondural, Tom Yum 72, SpinelessJelly, Elimina, conan2k, JBeckman, F D B and 40 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreyM
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic qUINT
Nice! Congrats on the release. :)

• Daodan
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
Nice! Thanks!

I just tried it out and there is one issue with ADOF: it crashes the game.
The problem is that the uniform fADOF_SmootheningAmount gets initialized with some insane high value (1082130432).
If it is changed before activating the technique it works just fine.

Maybe that is because it is from the type int and not float?

uniform int fADOF_SmootheningAmount <
ui_type = "drag";
ui_min = 0.0;
ui_max = 20.0;
ui_label = "Gaussian blur width";
ui_tooltip = "Width of gaussian blur after bokeh filter.";
ui_category = "Blur & Quality";
> = 4.0;
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
i have crash or screen frozen with adof if is turn on =(

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Ah, what's a release without some critical bug? I can't reproduce here so I assume it's driver specific. What happens when you put it to float? GTA V starts just fine with the file, with int and float.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Marty McFly.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #6 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
OMFG! You're a King. A KING I SAY! I thought this would be months away, at best. Truly Christmas in July (well, June, but still).
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 9 months ago #7 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
i have this issue in The Division haha

but all another effects run without bugs

• Daodan
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #8 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Ah, what's a release without some critical bug? I can't reproduce here so I assume it's driver specific. What happens when you put it to float? GTA V starts just fine with the file, with int and float.

Setting it to float fixes it. Seems to happen to me only in d3d11
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Daodan.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #9 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Fetch the hotfix, that should do it. If not, modify the config file according to the previous posts.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #10 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT
Still crashing with the hotfix (in Dark Souls: Remastered). Tried with ReShade 3.3.2 as well as 3.4. Other than that, thanks for the release.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #11 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Testing with all the Ubisoft games I can. AC Origins is up first. Then Far Cry 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, and Steep. No more on my hard drive right now (and no more room either), will update as I find out. Using the hotfix version. Cheers!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AC Origins: CTD on activation of the ADOF Shader, fine with the other shaders

For Honor: Works, no CTD shader initialization or anything, including ADOF after changing the smoothing amount mentioned above.

Far Cry 5: Doing great. Though you can't really use DOF in the game anyway because the depth buffer breaks almost as soon as you load into the game world. You could possibly use a different method to detect the depth buffer, but Ubi games can't seem to use any reshade newer than 3.1.2. It's not whilelisted yet on their anticheat software, it seems.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #12 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Well, now the config remembers this value so the shader will crash. MXAO would crash as well probably if samples were NaN. Anyways, the hotfix should work fine for new users, whereas the people who already used that buggy one have this odd value in the config. You need to manually set the value in the config to 0 or so. Then it should work.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #13 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
I loaded AC up for the first time only after installing the hotfix, so i should have only had the hotfix values, right? Also, sorry to be dense, but what value do we set to 0? In the qUINT_DoF.fx shader, right? Thanks!

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #14 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT
Thanks, that did it. @AssassinsDecree: Change the value in the ini file you created and named via the ingame menu where values are stored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #15 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Uncle Crassius wrote: Thanks, that did it. @AssassinsDecree: Change the value in the ini file you created and named via the ingame menu where values are stored.

OH I still had no idea which value to change, but realized you must have been talking about that smoothing amount thing. It was set to that insanely high number. Changed it in For Honor mid-game then enabled ADOF and game didn't ctd, so I'll consider this fixed. That said, I do expect it to CTD for anyone that downloads even the hotfix version, as I hadn't loaded up any games before downloading the hotfix version, so it was a fresh install basically.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 9 months ago #16 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT
That made me glad. Thanks a lot, man.

• moriz1
More
5 years 9 months ago #17 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic qUINT
What's changed about MXAO, between this one and the latest version buried in the MXAO thread?

It seems that Indirect Lighting is dramatically changed, since it no longer seems to pick up very much.

• Riadon
More
5 years 9 months ago #18 by Riadon Replied by Riadon on topic qUINT

moriz1 wrote: What's changed about MXAO, between this one and the latest version buried in the MXAO thread?

It seems that Indirect Lighting is dramatically changed, since it no longer seems to pick up very much.

The AO blur is definitely different, it flickers a bit less but seems too blurry. It could be that I need to adjust my settings for the new version, though.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
5 years 9 months ago #19 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic qUINT
It will work this default shader pack? Because this one also contain ReShade.fxh they are equal with one within default pack?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #20 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
It works with default shader pack, the ReShade fxh is just a clone.

MXAO blur changed only, no modifications in IL. The "Auto" quality setting is new, and I decided to leave AO more blurry because you only see that in debug anyways.

Still no idea why ReShade would do that with the smoothing amount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilentPrayerCG

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.