qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #21 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Hm, my hotfix was no hotfix because apparently, I packed the old file. Download hotfix #2, that should do it on a fresh install. In case you used the broken file before, clean your config.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
5 years 9 months ago #22 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic qUINT
Interesting bloom code . Though I wouldn't call that bloom what you can achieve with bloom layer 1-3. Imo layer 4-6 is sufficent to get a proper bloom effect.
Also with some combinations of curve, intensity and layer itensity I get inverted colors.
I'm about to release my own bloom based on your original ME bloom. It uses only two 1/4 backbuffer textures and H/V-GaussBllur10 + H/V-Gausslbur22 passes, and in my short test runs a bit faster than qInt-bloom. Though it's not really suitable for small lights.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #23 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Hey Marty, I do get a bunch of error messages when I load up ReShade with the qUINT files installed, seems I get the errors with any game so far. Only tried Far Cry 5, For Honor, and AC Origins so far. I just ignore them and go about my business, but including here in case they matter:

pastebin.com/Ce4WKkgk

Tried to post the log here, got an error message the post was too long, lol. Hope Pastebin is ok, never used it before.

EDIT: ... ya know what, seems like it was because I had your old Lightroom installed while having the new one installed. Noticed one of the error messages said something about it using the same resouces as the new lightroom file or some other gopply goop I didn't understand. Anyway, deleted the old Lightroom from the shader library and lo, the error message went away (on Far Cry 5 at least, haven't tested beyond that yet).
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #24 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
In theory, if I use all the same values from the old lightroom with the new version, should I be getting the same look as before? Doesn't seem to be the case so far, but I could be copying my settings over wrong. Just want to make sure I'm not crazy. Thanks!

• Tom Yum 72
More
5 years 9 months ago #25 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic qUINT
Amazing Marty, thanks alot for this.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #26 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Sweet goodness, Lightroom is just amazing! Easily able to de-green the image and reduce the red of ground textures while still saturating reds, making the sky the perfect color blue, and making the trees the most lush green I could imagine. All this while still keeping shadows from being crushed into oblivion and keeping from infecting the image with any one particular color. This is everything I could have ever wanted. (added bloom, Gaussian blur, FIsheyeHorizontal's chromatic aberration and anamorphic lens distortion, some sharpening, film grain, and the original bloom shader with lens dirt for effect). Thank you so much, Marty! Simply mind boggling. This really brings ReShade much closer to ENB capabilities, at least in terms of color grading. Far Cry 5:

[img

[img

[img
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly, HazelMine, Viper_Joe

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #27 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

brussell wrote: Interesting bloom code . Though I wouldn't call that bloom what you can achieve with bloom layer 1-3. Imo layer 4-6 is sufficent to get a proper bloom effect.
Also with some combinations of curve, intensity and layer itensity I get inverted colors.
I'm about to release my own bloom based on your original ME bloom. It uses only two 1/4 backbuffer textures and H/V-GaussBllur10 + H/V-Gausslbur22 passes, and in my short test runs a bit faster than qInt-bloom. Though it's not really suitable for small lights.

Proper bloom is stacked blurs with variable width, using layers 4 to 6 is just personal taste and much too coarse for bloom as it's usually done. I'd suggest taking a look at how unreal engine does it. Of course, if you restrict your bloom to just one layer, you can get ahead of this bloom in terms of performance. This bloom is still under construction tho.

• Ryukou36
More
5 years 9 months ago #28 by Ryukou36 Replied by Ryukou36 on topic qUINT
Your shaders are my weapons of choice in my presets. In this I used Lightroom, MXAO, DOF and a custom LUT. Thanks so much for this!!!

[img

• moriz1
More
5 years 9 months ago #29 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: MXAO blur changed only, no modifications in IL. The "Auto" quality setting is new, and I decided to leave AO more blurry because you only see that in debug anyways.

i did a quick diff between the old and new versions of MXAO. and while nothing about IL changed between the two, the other changes must have some impact on how IL is calculated.

i loaded up GW2 and both shaders in debug mode. i used the exact same settings:

old MXAO:

new MXAO:

as you can see, there's a clear difference. the new MXAO doesn't have any IL applied at all. i have to crank "Indirect Lighting Amount" to ludicrously high levels for it to start appearing, and it tends to appear in completely wrong spots.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #30 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Well, if you use 2x the same shader, funny things will happen. Remove the other MXAO then you should be fine.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Marty McFly.

• moriz1
More
5 years 9 months ago #31 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic qUINT
if you look at the screen shots, only one MXAO was active at a time. as such, they aren't interfering with each other.

the new MXAO's IL seems to be affected by dual layer AO: if it is enabled, IL is affected by the "Fine AO Scale" option. this wasn't the case for the older MXAO.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #32 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Can't reproduce. With similar settings like yours, IL shows up just fine, tested it against latest github version with same settings as yours.

And IL should be affected by the AO scale option, as 2 layer means large AO+IL and small AO+IL. I did drop the IL amount overall a bit (*4 in last pass vs *2 in qUINT) but that's all, I did this because in the main pass, the IL generation is a tiny bit different. An IL amount of 3-4 is reasonable. In my tests, the IL in the new version should even be a bit stronger than before.

• moriz1
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #33 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Can't reproduce. With similar settings like yours, IL shows up just fine, tested it against latest github version with same settings as yours.

And IL should be affected by the AO scale option, as 2 layer means large AO+IL and small AO+IL. I did drop the IL amount overall a bit (*4 in last pass vs *2 in qUINT) but that's all, I did this because in the main pass, the IL generation is a tiny bit different. An IL amount of 3-4 is reasonable. In my tests, the IL in the new version should even be a bit stronger than before.

are you sure we're using the exact same version of MXAO? could it be that your copy is newer/different?

i just did a quick test: disabling two layer MXAO makes IL appear normally. with two layer enabled, IL is only applied on the fine layer.

EDIT: still doesn't appear correctly, at least compared to the older version. but definitely more noticeable, since IL is no longer confined to the thin lines that fine AO fills.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by moriz1.

• rubyruby
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #34 by rubyruby Replied by rubyruby on topic qUINT
Hi! thanks for this (:

qUINT_lightroom.fx's LUT overlay seems to differ from the neutral LUT distributed with LUT.fx though, is this the same for anyone else?

LUT.fx:

qUINT_lightroom.fx:

No other shaders were activated at the time, and all values for Lightroom were at their defaults, except for tile size and count.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by rubyruby.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #35 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic qUINT
Nice, going to give these a try and see how that works. Also need to check on that Win10 HDR thing since that's the first I've heard of that but that can wait a bit.

Lightroom in particular seems like it could be really useful, MXAO and the DOF one would be nice for some games too but probably going to need to toggle/remove the existing implementations to avoid overlaps if the game is recent enough to have AO or depth of field effects that is.

Bloom well perhaps, it can be a neat effect at least.

Also I noticed the included ReShade.fxh doesn't have the additions that the current version of the one in the shader repository does, probably doesn't matter too much though, something about width, height and aspect ratio from what little I can garner of it.
(And then there's something about width and height and buffer format in the Quint FXH file which I guess is for 8-bit and avoiding that HDR issue?)
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.

• e371
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #36 by e371 Replied by e371 on topic qUINT
Hi marty! Great work, your dof and bloom works perfectly but i faced problems with MXAO. Your new qUINT MXAO doesnt work with my dx9 game(Morrowind) the older version of your MXAO from reshade 3.2 works perfectly all the AO and IL works. But upgraded to 3.4 and downloaded your newer qUNT, MXAO doesn't react to any settings change, debug mod shows everything completely grey, nothing happens. I'm tried different settings incide shader and reshade - nothing helps, tried to roll back to the reshade 3.2 with clean install everything, but the same thing - MXAO from 3.2 works fine, and everything else depth-based effects works except your qUNT MXAO. Seems like it cant correctly catch the depth buffer or i dont know.....
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by e371.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #37 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Strange problems keep showing up I have literally no explanation for. Nothing changed from latest public MXAO and qUINT MXAO, it's just impossible. Are you really sure that you don't use both shaders together or older configs together with it? Try using the latest ReShade.fxh (not from qUINT but from the repo), I wasn't aware of any changes made to it.
Can you show me screenshots from both your config tab and the tab with the preprocessor options and stuff?

The differences of the LUT: I believe that's due to rounding errors in the various CC settings. If I comment out the entire CC code, difference is 0. There's no way of avoiding this as RGB->HSL conversions are always error prone if done in float space. Image editing programs even go as far as to use lookup tables or store values as integers or use BCD math. After all, the LUT 100% maps to what happens to the image (generated LUT is 100% neutral, tiny CC changes are applied with everything set to default, it's just so small you don't see it in the regular image, only in the LUT) and you wouldn't use Lightroom anyways with default values that do nothing.

• rubyruby
More
5 years 9 months ago #38 by rubyruby Replied by rubyruby on topic qUINT
Aha, alright.

Yeah I only noticed it because I tried to use the overlay to make a LUT from the shaders I was using previously, but I just used Ioxa's CreateLUT for that in the end instead.

It's been great otherwise, I've been having fun with it all day (: thanks again!

• brussell
More
5 years 9 months ago #39 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic qUINT
Regarding bloom (just a hint, I wouldn't advise you sth. about HLSL...):
Any reason for lerping in PS_Combine? It can lead to darkening in non-bloomed areas. Best method should be screen-add:
void PS_Combine(in float4 pos : SV_Position, in float2 uv : TEXCOORD0, out float4 color : SV_Target0)
{
	//color.rgb = lerp(color.rgb, bloom.rgb * 128.0, 0.16 * saturate(BLOOM_INTENSITY));
	color.rgb = 1 - (1 - color.rgb) * (1 - saturate(bloom.rgb * 20 * BLOOM_INTENSITY));
}

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #40 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
As I said, bloom is work in progress. Lerp is okay if bloom is bright enough, your version requires that both color and bloom are [0;1] space. For HDR values, regular blend math (like screen, overlay etc) doesn't work. I'm still in the process of finding a good blend math.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell, AssassinsDecree

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.