qUINT

• matsilagi
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #121 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic qUINT

Chavolatra wrote: will it have any depth buffer in the reflections?

I want to make my reflective armor in skyrim haha

Umm, SSR is completely dependable on Depth to work.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by matsilagi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #122 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT

matsilagi wrote:

Chavolatra wrote: will it have any depth buffer in the reflections?

I want to make my reflective armor in skyrim haha

Umm, SSR is completely dependable on Depth to work.

I've never been able to do the RBM shader works right, so I do not know how right it works

• lowenz
More
5 years 7 months ago #123 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic qUINT

lowenz wrote: Can you rename the techniques so there's no overlap with "default" shader suite ones? ("MXAO Next" or something like that)

Up for the request :D

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #124 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

lowenz wrote:

lowenz wrote: Can you rename the techniques so there's no overlap with "default" shader suite ones? ("MXAO Next" or something like that)

I don't understand - MXAO in qUINT is the successor to the MXAO from github, hence I closed its topic. There's no reason to use original MXAO instead, just delete it. Moreso, if I renamed the technique, it'd break compatibility with presets since these look for the technique that's now found in this file. And right now, qUINT isn't included in the official github repo, hence there should be no overlap and if there is, just delete the obsolete files.

I'm almost done with the initial release of the screen-space reflections! They're still a bit buggy but since even the water reflections in Fortnite aren't perfect I guess that's the limits of SSR...

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 7 months ago #125 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT
Marty McFly You are a magical being. Ask the weak, can you put some pictures out? Look at the effect of surface reflection, even if it is not perfect, we don't want to be perfect, aha,where is the initial release of the screen-space reflections?

• lowenz
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #126 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote:

lowenz wrote:

I don't understand - MXAO in qUINT is the successor to the MXAO from github, hence I closed its topic. There's no reason to use original MXAO instead, just delete it. Moreso, if I renamed the technique, it'd break compatibility with presets since these look for the technique that's now found in this file. And right now, qUINT isn't included in the official github repo, hence there should be no overlap and if there is, just delete the obsolete files.

The overlap is not in the file names, but in the technique name!
The old presets with MXAO enabled already got TWO MXAO techniques enabled (the old from ReShade pack AND the new one from qUINT, both enabled at once) just unpacking the files in default shader locations, 'cause ReShade enlists the techniques by name.
So you must clarify to delete the old MXAO file from ReShade pack!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• TreppenBananenHutstaender
More
5 years 7 months ago #127 by TreppenBananenHutstaender Replied by TreppenBananenHutstaender on topic qUINT
Hi, can you add a "fade out" & "fade in" setting like the one in mxao to the screen space reflections shader that would be amazing.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 7 months ago #128 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic qUINT
It has a distance filter already. No worries.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #129 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic qUINT
Hi, i have question about highlight curve, why only small range of pixels affected by it? Like only something about 220-255 range.
In phothoshop raw highlight slider it's like burn/compress in some renders tonemaping, so it removes overbright spots from image, but in lightroom shader it have strange behavior, it make brighter or darker only limited areas of whole image. I even check on screenshot of game in photoshop, just in case, and highlight slider affect whole image. May be i missing something.

My description probably crappy, so there is few screenshots.
Warning: Spoiler!

it doesn't look like any burn/highlight/compress option on other tonemapings... may be it something with this game...
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by SilentPrayerCG.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #130 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
TreppenBananenHutständer It has a fade out.
SilentPrayerCG That's how it's supposed to work. These are the value ranges - ignore the colorings, I just did that to make it easier to distinguish where one starts and ends:

[img

This means "Highlights" affect RGB 192 the strongest and its influence drops to 0 at 128 and 255. Numbers exactly in between (96 for example) are equally affected by shadows and midtones. The ranges differ in some editing tools and they spread the midtones wider but it's all more or less the same. So if you want to drop the brightest areas in the game, use the "whites" slider. Do enable the curve overlay though, it displays the luma curve like it does in photoshop so you see which area is most affected.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae, SilentPrayerCG

• SilentPrayerCG
More
5 years 7 months ago #131 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic qUINT
Ok, thanks. Will try whites. May be it just in this case i don't know how highlights can be useful, just strange result, may be I'm wrong, and just expect something i shouldn't expect from it)

• Tojkar
More
5 years 7 months ago #132 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic qUINT

SilentPrayerCG wrote: Ok, thanks. Will try whites. May be it just in this case i don't know how highlights can be useful, just strange result, may be I'm wrong, and just expect something i shouldn't expect from it)

Most of the time extreme values produce weird visuals. Also, as Martin said, turn the curve on to help you visualize the changes. For a realistic effect, the smoother the curve is, the better the result in most cases, so if you set midtones up to 0.3 for example, you might want to nudge both shadows and highlights to somewhere around 0.1-0.2 to smoothen the effect. Higher the difference between the values, the more cartoony or weird the result will be.

TLDR: "Less is more" for realistic results. "More is more" for cartoony or weird visuals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilentPrayerCG, AssassinsDecree

• IvanCGray
More
5 years 7 months ago #133 by IvanCGray Replied by IvanCGray on topic qUINT
First time posting; was browsing the forums since a few Google searches for colourblind filtering led me to ReShade. I was curious if there were any generalized presets that could adjust all colour output for different kinds of colourblindness? I've never used ReShade before so I'm a bit lost, to be frank. I only found out recently that I am colourblind, but it definitely explains why I've always had trouble distinguishing certain things in most games that are obvious to other people. I can see that there are different effects which make things look beautiful, but I really just need something that would shift output to make games playable for an individual with Tritanomaly. Distinguishing between blue and green is basically impossible in many games.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 7 months ago #134 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic qUINT

IvanCGray wrote: First time posting; was browsing the forums since a few Google searches for colourblind filtering led me to ReShade. I was curious if there were any generalized presets that could adjust all colour output for different kinds of colourblindness? I've never used ReShade before so I'm a bit lost, to be frank. I only found out recently that I am colourblind, but it definitely explains why I've always had trouble distinguishing certain things in most games that are obvious to other people. I can see that there are different effects which make things look beautiful, but I really just need something that would shift output to make games playable for an individual with Tritanomaly. Distinguishing between blue and green is basically impossible in many games.

There is a shader in the ReShade collection standard effects called Daltonize.fx

It has options for Protanopia, Deuteranopia, and Tritanopia. You can download them as you install on to the game you like.

I hope this helps.

• IvanCGray
More
5 years 7 months ago #135 by IvanCGray Replied by IvanCGray on topic qUINT
I appreciate the response; The Tritanopia one could potentially be helpful, since it's a similar issue, but I was wondering if there would happen to be a filter, or a way to create one for Tritanomaly, which is a different form of colourblindness.

Tritanopia is either the complete absence, or total lack of function of blue cones in the retina, resulting in an inability to see blue light at all. Tritanomaly is the result of a mutation affecting the short wavelength pigment in blue cones. Both result in yellow-blue colour blindness, and blue becomes basically indistinguishable from green, and some shades may even appear black. One of the primary differences though is that Tritanopes are pretty much completely unable to distinguish yellow and purple from pink/red, and as such have much more limited colour vision; ergo why it would probably solve the issues, but would still be sub ideal since it would more than likely remove several colours that I can still see.

Looking through this thread, and another one in Discussion made me curious about LUTs, and some of the tools described in the original post, since it seems like it'd be ideal for replacing certain colors.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #136 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Forgive if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that Tritanomaly basically is the name for the blue cones being less effective and Tritanopia being the name for when the blue cones don't work at all. So basically Xanomaly = reduced cone functionality, Xanopia = total loss of one cone. So in theory, this shader should still work because it allows to transition smoothly, you can choose like 10% Tritanomaly which means 10% of the colors you can't see are shifted into what you can see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MihailSurkov

• altokitty
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #137 by altokitty Replied by altokitty on topic qUINT
Hey Marty, how's the progress on that ray-tracing ambient occlusion method you were talking about going? I've just skimmed through the old thread in interest and stumbled upon your ray-tracing efforts, can't really find any new updates outside of the last post where you referenced you had trouble finding suitable denoising algorithms. If you're still stuck there, might I point you towards Disney-Pixar's efforts?

See:
graphics.pixar.com/library/MLDenoising2018/paper.pdf

I'm not entirely sure if this is translatable to this shader stuff, since it mostly pertains to genuine path-traced content, but I feel maybe it's something of interest. These big animations studios invest a ton into denoising and enjoy making the papers about them public, so it should be a good place to check out (if you haven't already). Ciao!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by altokitty. Reason: new to the forum, I guess youtube links don't embed well?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #138 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
altokitty Thanks for posting. Most of these denoisers are either slower than the actual AO shader, rely heavily on temporal data (which I cannot do on ReShade - I can store the previous frames but that's all) or employ Neural Networks of various sorts. I'm currently working on integrating MXAO into the Unity engine and improving its occlusion estimator which will also find its way here so there's no need for a sluggish raytraced AO which maybe 5 people will use.

We have a newcomer to qUINT: Screen-Space Reflections! Just uploaded the shader to the github repo, see first post for link. Even though it will add reflections everywhere, it's a major step up from RBM.

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, andrew, MakeNX, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, Arkane

• Daodan
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #139 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
Looks nice. Well done!

(Without SSR, just for reference)
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Daodan. Reason: Fix image links
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 6 months ago #140 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT
You are truly amazing, Marty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.