qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #81 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Crosire, I did it again :P

Martigen, this is a ReShade problem for now, it doesn't transpile something properly to OGL. I'll push a workaround later.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Marty McFly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #82 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic qUINT
Thats the error i've had before and crosire said it was "fixed"

However i don't remember if i posted a log or not, so i may not have been clear enough.

EDIT:Checked before and i did, apparently both No Man's Sky and Re-Volt suffers from it.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by matsilagi.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago #83 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: That issue is solved in latest qUINT build - qUINT went github btw. See first post for updates.
Updates from previous latest:

- migrated all necessary functions etc from ReShade.fxh to proprietary common file, so no more clashes with official ReShade repo
- changed bloom blending
- added bloom adaptation

More updates? You're a great man Marty, a great man indeed.

• Daodan
More
5 years 8 months ago #84 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
I downloaded qUINT yesterday from GitHub and qUINT_Bloom.fx looks broken.
Should that shader be in a usable state, or is there some WIP-stuff going on right now?

(The uniforms are all at their default value)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #85 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
That should not happen at all. Could you provide [strike]more[/strike] any info about your system and the used game here?

• TheDazaster
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #86 by TheDazaster Replied by TheDazaster on topic qUINT
Same happening for me too, but in No Man's Sky. Been using Quint Lightroom, DOF and Bloom in the previous version. Changed to the new; LR and DOF still work fine, but Bloom is a total white out. Changing of any bloom settings has no effect whatsoever, so had to disable bloom altogether.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by TheDazaster.

• Daodan
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #87 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: That should not happen at all. Could you provide [strike]more[/strike] any info about your system and the used game here?

Sure.
System Information from NVIDIA Control Panel:
Warning: Spoiler!

System Information from DxDiag:

The log from ReShade:

The game from the screenshot is The Evil Within (D3D11).
Same issue with Remember Me (D3D9) and Exanima (OpenGL).

And one other error that I've never seen before is probably worth mentioning.
After starting Remember Me I got the following error message:
Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point
render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), which is required to run this
game. Exiting...
I only saw this once today, and I am unable to reproduce it.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Daodan.

• Martigen
More
5 years 8 months ago #88 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT

TheDazaster wrote: Same happening for me too, but in No Man's Sky. Been using Quint Lightroom, DOF and Bloom in the previous version. Changed to the new; LR and DOF still work fine, but Bloom is a total white out. Changing of any bloom settings has no effect whatsoever, so had to disable bloom altogether.

Just want to confirm I get the same in No Man's Sky too.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #89 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Hmm, I wasn't able to check into the file yet, does it progressively turn into white or does something else happen? What happens when you set adaptation sensitivity to 0 and reload the shader?

• Daodan
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #90 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
After some fiddling around with qUINT_bloom.fx here's a quick procedure to 'fix' the total white out:
1. Set 'Bloom Scene Adaption Sensitivity' to 0.0.
2. Set 'Bloom Scene Adaption Speed' to a non-zero value so you see the change.
3. Increase the value of 'Bloom Scene Exposure Bias' until the result looks good. Higher values result in a darker image.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Daodan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #91 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Default values are the problem.
Adapt speed 0 means the interpolation over time is always using the previous value which is the original value created at runtime start which is 0 (every texture is initialized to 0) and the adaptation code then divides by that (actually + 1^-6 but that results in full white for everything non-black either way). Should probably force other standard values, expect fix tomorrow.

• Daodan
More
5 years 8 months ago #92 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
One question though: what should I expect when changing the exposure bias?
It's just that my first intuition would be that values below zero result in a darker image/less bloom and positive values in a brighter image/more bloom.
But it's quite the oppsosite. And if the exposure bias is set to a value below a certain threshold (depending on the brightness of the scene somewhere around zero or a bit higher) the result looks like in post #84.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #93 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Updated files, apologies for delay.

Daodan, that's exactly correct - looking back at the code, I have no idea myself what I did t here. Exposure bias now does exactly what it's supposed to, I adjusted value ranges a bit and also changed default settings so it's advised to wipe your config of the current settings and use the new ones as a baseline.

I also seized the opportunity and updated the personal info part in the file headers, since my facebook site is currently disabled until Germany reworks a specific law this information is no longer valid.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #94 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Hey Marty, thanks for the update. One thing though, not sure what you changed, but it completely borks current ADOF settings. Went from perfectly configured to covering the whole screen, like the depth buffer got flipped somehow, but from the shader itself. Not saying it's a wrong, I have no idea, just that something in the new update changed how the settings are read/outputted. Was that intended/expected?

Many thanks for all your great work!

Edit: Yea, actually no setting I change seems to be able to push the DoF to the background anymore. The only two settings that seem to cause any change at all are the bokeh maximum size, bokeh intensity, and bokeh shape quality.

Can confirm that replacing the new qUINT_dof.fx with the old one fixes the issue.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• Crystrex
More
5 years 8 months ago #95 by Crystrex Replied by Crystrex on topic qUINT
Hi, Marty!
Is there a way to apply MXAO only to character on the scene?
I tried to reduce distance by editing Fade Out Start/End but nothing changes.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #96 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
@AssassinsDecree: Oh whoops. I had to test something and edited the file to output same blur everywhere. Pushing fix any minute.

@Crystex: character masks not possible. And fade start and end do something, you just have them set very high. Set fade start to 0 and fade end to 0.1 or so, then it only applies to close objects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crystrex, AssassinsDecree

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago #97 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Sweet, thanks for the fast response! Sidenote, it being over the whole screen like that really shows just how gorgeous the bokeh elements can be in the ADOF shader. My goal in life is to make that same strength/glow of the bokeh circles but in the autofocus settings.

Break it again! (jk jk) :)

Cheers!

• Crystrex
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #98 by Crystrex Replied by Crystrex on topic qUINT
@Marty McFly

Set fade start to 0 and fade end to 0.1 or so, then it only applies to close objects.

0.1 and nothing changed.
0.00001 = perfect character mask... but inverted to MXAO.
Any ideas?

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Crystrex.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #99 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
@AssassinsDecree: download again, I fixed it.

@Crystrex: well, some of your depth options (RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED etc) are off, because that's not at all how SSAO should look like. Try adding RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 or =0 to your preprocessor section in the UI and reload shaders. If you want to investigate further, use the DisplayDepth shader and check if it shows a transition from black(near) to white(far) and NOT vice versa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crystrex, AssassinsDecree

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 8 months ago #100 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: @AssassinsDecree: download again, I fixed it.

@Crystrex: well, some of your depth options (RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED etc) are off, because that's not at all how SSAO should look like. Try adding RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 or =0 to your preprocessor section in the UI and reload shaders. If you want to investigate further, use the DisplayDepth shader and check if it shows a transition from black(near) to white(far) and NOT vice versa.

do you can have implements RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED in AO code for use in these situations or dont

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.