qUINT

• Viper_Joe
More
5 years 10 months ago #61 by Viper_Joe Replied by Viper_Joe on topic qUINT

Scorpio82CO wrote: thats maybe that you want to turn off the lightroom shader?, other thing is that you use other effects than lut shader.. only just going to work lut shader, the other instance is put the lut shader at the bottom of the list
If this doesn´t work try to put over the lut a shader called S-curve, and adjust the values,

I did actually turn Lightroom off. Like I said, no shader was enabled aside from the one specified for each screenshot. I also made sure to disable all other effects before taking the original screenshot containing the LUT generated by Lightroom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• magicart87
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #62 by magicart87 Replied by magicart87 on topic qUINT
re: Lightroom
I assume this is all internal adjustments correct? Is it possible to export a screenshot, make adjustments within Photoshop (real time) then export back into Reshade as color revised LUT?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by magicart87.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #63 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Alabrand wrote: For some reason ADoF doesn't work properly in FFXIV. No matter what I do the background won't change to the intended effect. Instead what happens is that the foreground is permanently blurry, but it's not the good kind of blurry. FWIW, the older and normal DoF shaders in the regular Reshade package works perfectly fine. Do you know what the issue is?

Using the same preprocessor definitions that worked for the other DOF shaders, try reduce "auto sample radius" to 30 and the "hyperfocal depth distance" to a value between 30 and 50... I should add, I set my processor distance to 10000, because I did it one day in a fit a frustration and it has worked great for me ever since and I feel like I can hone in on a better DoF behavior much easier than dealing with the default distance value of 1000.

Using the above strategy, I have found success using Marty's excellent new Advance DoF shader in any game with a Depth buffer. It seemed nearly impossible to make the constant blurring stop before lowering the auto-sameple-radius in particular. Good luck!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by AssassinsDecree. Reason: quoted message i was responding to

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #64 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Uncle Crassius.

• TreppenBananenHutstaender
More
5 years 9 months ago #65 by TreppenBananenHutstaender Replied by TreppenBananenHutstaender on topic qUINT
Hi, i tried to use the qUINT Shaders in No Man's Sky and everything works besides the DOF Shader ingame it wont show in the Shader List and in the ReShade Log i found this:
11:58:55:366 [02536] | INFO  | Compiling 'G:\Benutzerdateien\******\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx' ...
11:58:55:468 [02536] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'G:\Benutzerdateien\******\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx':
0(70) : error C7502: OpenGL does not allow type suffix 'x' on constant literals in versions below 120
0(70) : error C1021: operands to "%" must be integral
0(70) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected identifier, expecting ',' or ')' at token "xx"
 G:\Benutzerdateien\Dennis\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx(571, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed
Fragment info
-------------
0(70) : error C7502: OpenGL does not allow type suffix 'x' on constant literals in versions below 120
0(70) : error C0000: syntax error, unexpected identifier, expecting ',' or ')' at token "xx"
(0) : error C2003: incompatible options for link
 G:\Benutzerdateien\Dennis\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx(668, 1): error: program linking failed
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #66 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Difficult to fix this. Sure, I could restructure code so it works but in theory, ReShade transpiler is at fault here, it's supposed to translate shaders to HLSL and GLSL without any problems, where my DOF works for all DX versions, but the OpenGL translated one seems to be borked.

• crosire
More
5 years 9 months ago #67 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic qUINT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Pondural, conan2k, Zyrusticae, Qsimil, Sinclair, AssassinsDecree

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #68 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

TreppenBananenHutstaender wrote: Hi, i tried to use the qUINT Shaders in No Man's Sky and everything works besides the DOF Shader ingame it wont show in the Shader List and in the ReShade Log i found this:

11:58:55:366 [02536] | INFO  | Compiling 'G:\Benutzerdateien\******\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx' ...
11:58:55:468 [02536] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'G:\Benutzerdateien\******\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx':
 G:\Benutzerdateien\Dennis\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx(571, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed
Fragment info
-------------
 G:\Benutzerdateien\Dennis\ReShade\ReShade 3.0\ReShade 3.4\Shaders\qUINT_dof.fx(668, 1): error: program linking failed

HELL YEAH! I just came here to ask about this very thing. Oh happy day! Thanks Crosire, and thanks Marty (of course), and thanks Treppen for asking the question and going through the log stuff. Woot woot! Also, just to spread the word, for people with integreated graphics cards, those on laptops I assume, BlueSky over on the No Mans Sky modding discord helped me figure out that you can make the game work with resahde by disabling your integrated graphics card in your device manager. You'll probably have to change your display settings to fix most programs having blurry, zoomed in text/scaling, but it's not too hard to do that and is painless enough. After two sign outs and some tweaks on the display settings, I was back to my display looking normal in just a minute or two. Now I can finally run NMS without CTD on launch.

Only drawback is that the ReShade UI seems to be constantly fighting itself. By that I mean i move the mouse cursor to change any reshade settings (cursor stuck in middle of the screen when the resahde GUI is up) and the reshade GUI will get hidden behind the border effect and obscured/warped by things like reshade's Prism effect, for example. Never seen this happen in any game before. Perhaps it's an openGL thing, I have no idea. Just a heads up to all that happen to see this.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 9 months ago #69 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic qUINT

crosire wrote: Fixed: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/b06fdc...afcdd18883c32c2b2ea7

Not really
-------------
0(71) : error C1115: unable to find compatible overloaded function "ldexp(vec2, int)"
 B:\Games\Re-Volt\Shaders\ReShade\qUINT_bloom.fx(378, 1): error: program linking failed
0(71) : error C1115: unable to find compatible overloaded function "ldexp(vec2, int)"
 B:\Games\Re-Volt\Shaders\ReShade\qUINT_bloom.fx(325, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #70 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

crosire wrote: Fixed: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/b06fdc...afcdd18883c32c2b2ea7

Sorry to be an idiot, but what do we do with the code you posted? I visited the github link you posted (using that view button) but don't see anything to actually download. Sorry for being daft. Thanks!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #71 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

matsilagi wrote:

Not really

Why is it always my shaders ReShade chokes on :P

@AssassinsDecree: that'd ReShade source code, either wait for a new ReShade build (which will incorporate this fix and many more) or build it yourself. But as matsilagi pointed out, this doesnt seem to be a complete fix.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #72 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Oh! Ok cool, i've heard of people building reshade from the githud files but never understood why someone would need/want to do that. I'll look into it. Many thanks! Also, not that it's a big deal, but do you know if qUINT will be part of the official reshade package when the next update goes live?

Have a good day!

• crosire
More
5 years 9 months ago #73 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic qUINT

matsilagi wrote: Not really

Works fine for me with top of tree build of ReShade.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 9 months ago #74 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic qUINT
Will test in other OGL games then return.

But im pretty sure something isn't right.

• F D B
More
5 years 9 months ago #75 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Hey man thanks for considering! I do have a Patreon ; i used to have a paypal donate button but that isn't possible anymore with a private account, everyone wants money for nothing these days... I guess I should propagate this a bit more :cheer: Hope you like the other shaders, too. And don't forget, I'm open for any suggestions, bug reports and so on.

I do not know how to donate via Patreon. Could you please guide me through it?

I do have a suggestion for Lightroom but I don't know whether or not ReShade allows you to do this: A way to Save/Export current LUT so we don't have to take a screenshot, and crop the LUT manually in Photoshop which can be a little bit annoying. That's it.

• Leviathan
More
5 years 9 months ago #76 by Leviathan Replied by Leviathan on topic qUINT
Hey there, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm relatively new to this, but I can't seem to get any of these shaders to show up in my toggle menu. I've extracted the files and threw them into my game's core folder > reshade-shaders > Shaders, along with all other .fx files, but not one will load up. I'm using the most recent version of Reshade (3.4.1) for Dragon Age: Inquisition if that makes any difference.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #77 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT
Thanks again, Marty! Lightroom and the ADOF shader, no others for depth-of-field or color grading. No Man's Sky Next. Oh NMS is opengl and the ADOF couldn't work before the 3.4.1 update. So thanks Crosire for updating that aspect too! Woot woot!

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
5 years 8 months ago #78 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic qUINT
You need to inject the official ReShade into the game and then add the 2 files ("ReShade.fxh" and "qUINT_lightroom.fx").
"ReShade.fxh" will replace the original "ReShade.fxh" and everything will work, at least theoretically. :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #79 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
That issue is solved in latest qUINT build - qUINT went github btw. See first post for updates.
Updates from previous latest:

- migrated all necessary functions etc from ReShade.fxh to proprietary common file, so no more clashes with official ReShade repo
- changed bloom blending
- added bloom adaptation
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Martigen
More
5 years 8 months ago #80 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT
Hey Marty,

Excited to try the latest version of qUINT. Just loaded it up with No Man's Sky (opengl, if that matters). All shaders compile fine except for Bloom. Error:

pastebin.com/5BHPHZT7