FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)

• ClickityCat
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by ClickityCat FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL) was created by ClickityCat
Hi folks,

Currently having issues recording X-Plane 11 (its OpenGL - I have a thread here if you know any answers to help here

I am trying to replace the in game Anti-aliasing using FXAA but it does not work, I have tried many parameters but nothing seems to work, any ideas?

Also trying to use DOF but that is not working either, I dont know if I have not read enough into OpenGL, I am assuming that this may not work with OpenGL, can anyone help with some options etc that I could try?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)
Haven't got X-Plane 11 but it hooks correctly on startup? Installation ist correct? Which other shaders have you tried?

• ClickityCat
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by ClickityCat Replied by ClickityCat on topic FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)
Hey Crassius, thanks for your reply.....yes the game hooks up perfectly, installed reshade with the correct OpenGL method, looks amazing, I have tried it with the standard dlls available and with Mirillis Action, DXtory, Bandicam etc, whats strange is it says that Bandicam is OpenGl but the game itself captures beautifully on everything I have used so the recording is not an issue, it will not capture the reshade effects. Currently using the latest 3.4 Reshade and using basic effects such as clarity etc, I am using 4, not using SMAA or DOF or anything like that so yeah, very frustrating as I would not record pre Reshade because it looks awful compared to my reshade settings.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)
Hmm, dunno much about the technical intricacies of ReShade but does it behave the same with other OpenGL games? Other than that, have you tried Nvidia Shadowplay for recording in case you've got an Nvidia card? Only other solution I've got is to buy an external recording device that grabs the image only after the card sends it to the monitor but those cost way more than, say, a pizza.

• ClickityCat
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by ClickityCat Replied by ClickityCat on topic FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)
Yep will be trying Shadowplay tonight, I have avoided that because it is Edcoder limited so I am not recording how I want to be but will give it a try, thank you again mate, cheers :)

• jraditya
More
3 years 6 months ago #6 by jraditya Replied by jraditya on topic FXAA and DOF Effects for X-Plane 11 (OpenGL)
here is the thing, x plane's built-in recorder doesn't capture actual frames, but i assume: timestamps and reshade isn't a part of x plane so i think you know what happens

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.