Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Determine the best/right load order of shaders?

Determine the best/right load order of shaders? 1 month 5 days ago #1

Is there a way (other then visually) to determine the best/right load order of shaders?
I did read about it in the Troubleshooting part here (great read btw!) but still some questions.
I use ReShade 4.5.0 for RDR2 (Vulkan) and use only 4 shaders: Clarity.fx, LumaSharpen.fx, MXAO.fx and qUINT_lightroom.fx.
If I follow the Troubleshoot guide on load order and place MXAO first, then all kind of artifacts appear. But if I load LumaSharpen first and then MXAO, all is fine.
The load order now is LumaSharpen,MXAO,Clarity,Lightroom
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

Determine the best/right load order of shaders? 1 month 4 days ago #2

No. The only effect shaders has is visual. Thus no other means to determine the best order. The best order is 100% dependant on your own preferences.

However, there are certain things that knowing them will help you to come up with initial baseline order before even activating any shaders. Those thing are how different shaders interact with each others. For example, having noise shader before sharpening makes the noise stronger and might even prevent the sharpening shader to sharpen the actual picture beyond the noise. Thus usually it's better to have the sharpening before the noise. But then again..it's all dependant on your own preferences.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Tojkar.

Determine the best/right load order of shaders? 1 month 4 days ago #3

@Tojkar
Okay, thank you. Trusting my own eyes then :)