Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #41 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote: After more testing I encountered the following problem with Clarity2:

Clarity1:

Both have the exact same settings/technique positions:
Warning: Spoiler!

Turning ClarityPerformanceMode=0/1 and MaskContrast 0/1 doesn't make a difference.
This happens the moment that I enter (really) dark areas. Thanks for your time looking into this and maybe you could add MaskContrast to Clarify1?

Edit:
Using it with Reshade 3.0.7, same issue with the older versions aswell.

I ran into the same problem recently, however I didn't have the problem when setting ClarityPerformanceMode to 1. My guess is that some games use 10bit/10bit/10bit/2bit for their backbuffer texture so when the blurred image is being sent to the alpha channel it loses a bunch of information. When the performance mode is set to 1 it creates 2 textures that each have a single 8bit channel so that information isn't being lost. I don't think there is anyway around this so I may have to give up on the idea of not creating additional textures.

But double check that game with ClarityPerformanceMode set to 1 and let me know if you are still running into the problem. Make sure you are reloading the shaders after changing the setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sets
More
7 years 3 months ago #42 by sets Replied by sets on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
clarity 2 speed is 0.07xxxx while other effects is only 0.00xxxxxx so i guess clarity is 10 times performance impact than others ?

• Echo
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #43 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I ran into the same problem recently, however I didn't have the problem when setting ClarityPerformanceMode to 1. My guess is that some games use 10bit/10bit/10bit/2bit for their backbuffer texture so when the blurred image is being sent to the alpha channel it loses a bunch of information. When the performance mode is set to 1 it creates 2 textures that each have a single 8bit channel so that information isn't being lost. I don't think there is anyway around this so I may have to give up on the idea of not creating additional textures.

But double check that game with ClarityPerformanceMode set to 1 and let me know if you are still running into the problem. Make sure you are reloading the shaders after changing the setting.

The game in the screenshot is Mass Effect Andromeda. I tried ClarityPerformanceMode 1, reloaded, same issue. Turn it back to 0, reloaded, same issue. So it's not that. But @ the moment I reverted back to Clarify 1. A request, is it possible that you could add MaskContrast to Clarify 1, as a test version maybe?
Really, a small change in MaskContrast can add more depth to the image. Thanks in advance for your time reading this.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Echo.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #44 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

sets wrote: clarity 2 speed is 0.07xxxx while other effects is only 0.00xxxxxx so i guess clarity is 10 times performance impact than others ?

It depends what other effects you compare it to, some have a higher performance cost than others. It also looks like the effect order can affect those times in ReShade, not sure if thats just a UI thing though.

Echo wrote: The game in the screenshot is Mass Effect Andromeda. I tried ClarityPerformanceMode 1, reloaded, same issue. Turn it back to 0, reloaded, same issue. So it's not that. But @ the moment I reverted back to Clarify 1. A request, is it possible that you could add MaskContrast to Clarify 1, as a test version maybe?
Really, a small change in MaskContrast can add more depth to the image. Thanks in advance for your time reading this.

Well I don't have that game so I can't test it but I'm almost positive the problem is tied to the alpha channel in the back buffer. Make sure the 2 textures (Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex2) are showing up in the statistics tab, when the shader is using those 2 textures there really isn't much difference between Clarity and Clarity2. And the plan is to replace Clarity with Clarity2 once I get all the issues fixed, so when that happens the MaskContrast setting will carry over to the new version.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Echo
More
7 years 3 months ago #45 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: Well I don't have that game so I can't test it but I'm almost positive the problem is tied to the alpha channel in the back buffer. Make sure the 2 textures (Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex2) are showing up in the statistics tab, when the shader is using those 2 textures there really isn't much difference between Clarity and Clarity2. And the plan is to replace Clarity with Clarity2 once I get all the issues fixed, so when that happens the MaskContrast setting will carry over to the new version.

Thanks for the reply, I decided to reset my dxdig.ini file and voialá the ClarityPerformanceMode worked like you suggested.
Turning it to "1", fixes the problem and I then see both Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex in the Textures statistics, but once turning it to "0" both Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex are gone from the Textures statistics. I don't know if it's a bug or not.

But so far with ClarityPerformanceMode=1 all is good. Thanks again for your time improving Clarity2

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #46 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote:

Ioxa wrote: Well I don't have that game so I can't test it but I'm almost positive the problem is tied to the alpha channel in the back buffer. Make sure the 2 textures (Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex2) are showing up in the statistics tab, when the shader is using those 2 textures there really isn't much difference between Clarity and Clarity2. And the plan is to replace Clarity with Clarity2 once I get all the issues fixed, so when that happens the MaskContrast setting will carry over to the new version.

Thanks for the reply, I decided to reset my dxdig.ini file and voialá the ClarityPerformanceMode worked like you suggested.
Turning it to "1", fixes the problem and I then see both Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex in the Textures statistics, but once turning it to "0" both Clarity2Tex and Clarity2Tex are gone from the Textures statistics. I don't know if it's a bug or not.

But so far with ClarityPerformanceMode=1 all is good. Thanks again for your time improving Clarity2

Good to hear that fixed it. Thanks for double checking that. And those two textures should disappear when the performance mode is set to 0 because the shader is using the alpha channel of the backbuffer in their place. I may have to drop that option though since it seems it can cause problems with some games.

I made a small update to the Clarity2 and SurfaceSharpen shaders and updated the link in the OP.

For the Clarity2 shader I set ClarityPerformanceMode to 1 by default the eliminate the problem caused by 2bit alpha channels. I also changed the MaskContrast setting a little, it should bring out more fine details now. I changed the BlendIfMask so the range adjustment will affect the dark and light cutoffs equally, it used to have a larger effect on the light cutoff. And there were a few other changes to try and speed things up a little bit more.

For the SurfaceSharpen shader I got rid of the curve options, now it just uses the smootherstep curve. And I made a few other changes to try and reduce the performance cost some.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Martigen
More
7 years 3 months ago #47 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thankyou Ioxa! Can't live without your shaders :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• Insomnia
More
7 years 2 months ago #48 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I've never really messed with the depth buffer but I don't think it would be all that difficult to do what you're asking. I'll try playing with it and see if I can come up with anything.

Bumpitybump :whistle: :)

• Zarathustra
More
7 years 2 months ago #49 by Zarathustra Replied by Zarathustra on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Insomnia wrote:

Ioxa wrote: I've never really messed with the depth buffer but I don't think it would be all that difficult to do what you're asking. I'll try playing with it and see if I can come up with anything.

I agree, having the option to limit bloom to 'close' objects would be great.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #50 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Insomnia wrote:

Forgot about that.
I never use any shaders that use the depth buffer so I have no experience with it but I added a depth mask to the bloom shader and it seems to be working. It seems really sensitive to any adjustments so it will probably need some tuning but try it out and let me know if its working ok.

Bloom with depth mask test
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia

• Insomnia
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #51 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Managed to try it out. Works like a charm tbh. Now, in Elite Dangerous, I can bloom distant objects like stars, ships, and other things without the HUD getting affected by the bloom.
Made some ui_step tweaks so it's not as sensitive.
Thanks again!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Insomnia.

• Insomnia
More
7 years 2 months ago #52 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Here are two examples on how it looks in TW3. Bloom is set to sky and distant objects and it works really good. :)

• Martigen
More
7 years 2 months ago #53 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I must be missing something, I can't get the depth buffer to display in W3. Even with AA off. WHAT FOR THE MAGIC?

• Deathmedic
More
7 years 6 days ago #54 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Hi love your shaders.

I was wondering if there was a version of the Chromatic Abarration shader that had options that more closely resembled the reshade 1.1 version?

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 days ago #55 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Deathmedic wrote: Hi love your shaders.

I was wondering if there was a version of the Chromatic Abarration shader that had options that more closely resembled the reshade 1.1 version?

No, the new version doesn't have all the lens distortion settings, I'll try to add them back in at some point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deathmedic

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #56 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I've started moving my shaders to GitHub, they aren't all there yet but I wanted to see if this works ok for people before putting anymore time into it.

Download

In the process of moving the shaders to GitHub I updated a few of them and added a newish one.

Clarity2
- Removed the performance mode option, it didn't work as well as I'd hoped and didn't work at all with some games.
- Added an RGB mode which runs the shader on each color channel instead of just a luma channel. The difference is subtle but it does seem to bring out a little more color detail.
- Added a drop down menu with with some info on preprocessor definitions. I'd like to add more preprocessor settings in the future to improve performance and functionality, I'm hoping this makes it easier for more people to make use of them.

Chromatic Aberration
- Added vignette blurring.
- Added some lens masking options for CA, vignette blurring, and blurring. This lets you adjust how far from the center of the screen the effect begins.
- Added horizontal and vertical offsets for CA. It still needs some adjusting but it should allow for more types of CA.

Create LUT
- Added a shader that displays a LUT on screen while in a game. This lets you convert all your color adjustments to a single shader to reduce the performance cost.
- Since I originally posted this in the FierySwordswoman's post on creating LUTs I have added an option to display the LUT over the original game image, this should be helpful if you want to make additional adjustments in an image editor before cutting out the LUT.
- I've only included a texture for 1920x1080, thats the resolution I game at so I don't have a way to test its accuracy at different resolutions. If anyone wants to create textures to use with different resolutions I would appreciate it if you shared them so I can add them to GitHub for others to use.
- Keep in mind this will only work for shaders that adjust colors (curves, levels, tone mapping, etc), it will not work for sharpening, bloom, blur, HDR, etc. Those shaders should be disabled before taking the screenshot you will create your LUT from.
- Make sure the CreateLUT shader is at the top of the load order or at least above any shaders you want to apply to the LUT.

Color Filter
- Added some more options to the shader to allow for more accurate color adjustments.
- I recommend using this in combination with the CreateLUT shader as all the available options probably increase the performance cost a bit.

Let me know if you have any problems with the shaders themselves or downloading them from GitHub.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia, conan2k, Echo, WalterDasTrevas, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, Marty, Sinclair, Rudy102, @rnkrnt

• conan2k
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #57 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: Clarity2
- Removed the performance mode option, it didn't work as well as I'd hoped and didn't work at all with some games.
- Added an RGB mode which runs the shader on each color channel instead of just a luma channel. The difference is subtle but it does seem to bring out a little more color detail.
- Added a drop down menu with with some info on preprocessor definitions. I'd like to add more preprocessor settings in the future to improve performance and functionality, I'm hoping this makes it easier for more people to make use of them.

Hi Ioxa,

Tested the new "RGB mode" option. It indeed seems to bring out extra color detail but also introduces artifacts for some of blend modes (clipping issues?). Here is the screenshot for "Multiply" blend mode from Diablo III:

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by conan2k.

• Marty
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #58 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thanks a lot for your amazing shaders. Here is some feedback.
I can't get the CreateLUT to work properly. I created 1440p lut 'overlay' and placed the shader at 1st place in order. But the LUT it creates doesn't apply the color changes at all. For example I removed blue tint in DS3, turned on the shader and created the LUT. When I loaded the LUT tho I just made the image green... Also got similar results in Fallout 4.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but any ideas how to make it work ?
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Marty.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #59 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thank you Ioxa for releasing new interesting stuff. :)

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #60 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

conan2k wrote: Hi Ioxa,

Tested the new "RGB mode" option. It indeed seems to bring out extra color detail but also introduces artifacts for some of blend modes (clipping issues?). Here is the screenshot for "Multiply" blend mode from Diablo III:

I couldn't reproduce what youre seeing but I wouldn't be surprised by multiply causing issues. The blend mode is 2*(original image)*(the clarity mask) and any pixels that get pushed above 1 get clamped at 1, so bright areas can get weird. You can try using the blend if mask to mask bright areas from the effect or try using the overlay blend mode (which uses multiply for pixels below 0.5 and something else for pixels above 0.5).

But if you can post your settings I'd like to try and reproduce the problem and see if I can come up with some kind of solution.

Marty wrote: Thanks a lot for your amazing shaders. Here is some feedback.
But I can't get the CreateLUT to work properly. I created 1440p lut 'overlay' and placed the shader at 1st place in order. But the LUT it creates doesn't apply the color changes at all. For example I removed blue tint in DS3, turned on the shader and created the LUT. When I loaded the LUT tho I just made the image green... Also got similar results in Fallout 4.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but any ideas how to make it work ?

There are a lot of places that something could go wrong with this. First you need to use an image editor and place the LUT that comes with the ReShade shaders in a blank image at the resolution you want to use in game, doesn't really matter where you place it, just as long as its straight and nothing is being cut off. Then extract it without any compression just to eliminate compression as a possible cause of any problems. Extract the image as a .png file and name it CreateLUT. Replace the original with your new one.

Once you have the new texture in the correct folder you should be able to enable the shader and see the LUT on your screen (The LUTmask probably won't work with this new texture so don't bother trying to use the ShowImage setting, for now just set it to 0). If you see the LUT on your screen then any shaders running after it in the load order will be applied to the LUT, as far as I know it would be impossible for the shaders to not be applied to the LUT. Disable any shaders that aren't specifically meant for changing colors, any kind of sharpening or blurring shaders will probably mess up the LUT. Now with the LUT on your screen and your color changing shaders turned on and running after the LUT in the load order, take a screenshot.

Now your screenshot has a LUT in it that has all your color changing shaders applied to it. You have to open the screenshot with some kind of image editor and isolate the LUT. If you are using GIMP you can use the rectangle select tool and it will do a good job of finding the edges of the LUT for you, zoom in if you are having trouble finding the edge. Now with the LUT outlined click on the image tab and select crop to selection. Now you will have the LUT isolated and you can extract it from the image editor as a .png file. Name it lut2, but again, don't use any compression yet. Once you have it extracted check its resolution, it should be 1024x32. Make sure its in the same folder as your other reshade textures.

Now that you have your new LUT fire up LUT.fx and add the line #define fLUT_TextureName "lut2.png" to the preprocessor definitions in the settings tab. Now click back on the home tab and click on reload, that new LUT should be applied to the image. Make sure all your other color changing shaders are disabled and that fLUT_AmoutChroma and fLUT_AmountLuma are both set to 1.00. After you have the LUT working you can go back and compress it as much as you want or until it looks like its losing accuracy.

Hopefully all of that makes sense and leads to you getting a working LUT.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo, WalterDasTrevas, Marty

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.