Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

• conan2k
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #61 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote:

conan2k wrote: Hi Ioxa,

Tested the new "RGB mode" option. It indeed seems to bring out extra color detail but also introduces artifacts for some of blend modes (clipping issues?). Here is the screenshot for "Multiply" blend mode from Diablo III:

Warning: Spoiler!

I couldn't reproduce what youre seeing but I wouldn't be surprised by multiply causing issues. The blend mode is 2*(original image)*(the clarity mask) and any pixels that get pushed above 1 get clamped at 1, so bright areas can get weird. You can try using the blend if mask to mask bright areas from the effect or try using the overlay blend mode (which uses multiply for pixels below 0.5 and something else for pixels above 0.5).

But if you can post your settings I'd like to try and reproduce the problem and see if I can come up with some kind of solution.

Oh, you are right. It only reproduces when the Clarity is set to process the full color range (not just mid-tones). Below are the settings that I've used:

BTW, thanks a lot for all the work you're putting into these great shaders. Clarity is one of my favorites.

On a side note, I'd like to try porting the Clarity to MPC-HC/BE since movies will significantly benefit from this effect (and no, running Reshade over MPC is not a good solution because it can only run at the end of processing pipeline). So, any hints would be welcome. In particular, I'm not currently sure whether it's possible to port the Clarity as a single shader (instead of splitting it into four separate shaders for different passes).
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by conan2k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty
More
6 years 8 months ago #62 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: There are a lot of places that something could go wrong with this.....

Thanks for elaborate explanation Ioxa. I did everything correctly. Except that I'm using bigger LUT. That is 64x40 (40 tiles by the size of 64x64). That is the only thing that I've done different...

• Myashi
More
6 years 8 months ago #63 by Myashi Replied by Myashi on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Man your CreateLut shader is freakin' cool :woohoo:
I'm going to try it, in Hellblade :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #64 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

I'll try those settings and see if I can come up with a solution but just using the mask for bright areas is probably the best fix.

You could do it in one pass but the performance cost would be huge if you are using a large blur radius. You can take a look at the high pass sharpening shader, its basically a single pass version of clarity with much smaller blur radii. If you do want to use a large blur radius then multiple passes is the way to go. I don't know how shaders work for MPC but if the backbuffer has an 8bit alpha channel then you could probably use that to pass a luma channel from one shader to the next so you can do multiple blur passes on it.

Marty wrote:

Ioxa wrote: There are a lot of places that something could go wrong with this.....

Thanks for elaborate explanation Ioxa. I did everything correctly. Except that I'm using bigger LUT. That is 64x40 (40 tiles by the size of 64x64). That is the only thing that I've done different...

If that is the only thing you've done differently then there is a good chance that is the cause of the problem. Did you change the default settings in LUT.fx to use the larger LUT?

Change
#define fLUT_TileSizeXY 32
#define fLUT_TileAmount 32
to
#define fLUT_TileSizeXY 64
#define fLUT_TileAmount 40

If that still doesn't solve your problem then I would recommend using the default LUT to start, one less factor to worry about until you can actually get it working.

Myashi wrote: Man your CreateLut shader is freakin' cool :woohoo:
I'm going to try it, in Hellblade :)

Hope it helps you out! Let me know if you have any problems with it.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago #65 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Thank you for updating some my favorite shaders. I finally got some time to try your updated Clarity2 in the hope that you might have fixed my issue below:

Sadly it's partially fixed:
@ ClarityRGBMode=0 the problem still occurs in games like MEA & DX-MD, but the colors are intact.
@ ClarityRGBMode=1 the problem disappears, but it changes the saturation, which introduces another problem:
some colors are more saturated or less saturated then others + I use multiple shader for saturation & vibrance and for the last hour I've been trying to adjust my color shaders to retain or get close to my colors with ClarityRGBMode disabled @ 0 while ClarityRGBMode is activated @ 1 with no success.

My question/request: is it possible that you might add an option to enable/disable the saturation in ClarityRGBMode=1?

Thank you for your time reading my feedback.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #66 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote: Thank you for updating some my favorite shaders. I finally got some time to try your updated Clarity2 in the hope that you might have fixed my issue below:

Sadly it's partially fixed:
@ ClarityRGBMode=0 the problem still occurs in games like MEA & DX-MD, but the colors are intact.
@ ClarityRGBMode=1 the problem disappears, but it changes the saturation, which introduces another problem:
some colors are more saturated or less saturated then others + I use multiple shader for saturation & vibrance and for the last hour I've been trying to adjust my color shaders to retain or get close to my colors with ClarityRGBMode disabled @ 0 while ClarityRGBMode is activated @ 1 with no success.

My question/request: is it possible that you might add an option to enable/disable the saturation in ClarityRGBMode=1?

Thank you for your time reading my feedback.

In this post you said changing the performance mode fixed the issue, that was one of the reasons I got rid of the option to set it to 0. Is it the same issue or is it something similar to what conan2k was seeing with the multiply blend mode?

The saturation is the effect itself, its not something thats being added. You could try adjusting the light and dark intensity settings, you could even try using negative values which would reduce the contrast some. But any saturation you are seeing is being caused by the difference in nearby colors, thats the big difference when using the the RGB mode instead of just luma.

One thing I may try adding is a preprocessor setting that allows you to choose different values for the luma channel, then you could set it to use an average of the color channels instead of the default which favors the red and green channels. That might help you get a similar look without affecting the colors as much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #67 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
My previous post:

After like an hour of testing and adjusting settings, I managed to find out what was causing the problem (luma-gliches), but also found a somewhat weird solution for it:

The cause:
I regret to say that it was MaskContrast. I've set it at 0.15, once I put it to 0, no more luma-gliches, but the image looked less sharp/bright without it set on 0.15 which I didn't like. So I had to try something to fix.

The weird solution:
Inside Clarity2.fx I changed
ClarityFloat sharp = 1.00-blur;
to
ClarityFloat sharp = 0.995-blur;
Tada, finally no more visible luma-glitches (only in extreme brightness) in games such ass MEA & DX-MD.
Though it made the image a bit less sharper, less details and bit darker, but adjusting just the MaskContrast from 0.15 to 0.20 did the trick.

That's all done while ClarityRGBMode=0 (is disabled) + soft-overlay blend-mode.

Hopefully you can find this helpful and maybe come up with a better solution for it.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Echo.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #68 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Strange... I had run into the same problem with mask contrast in the past, it was the reason I had removed it, but I thought I fixed it. I'll have to do some more testing with it I guess. I've been using mask contrast set to 0.2, the soft light blend mode, and no blend if mask and I haven't been having any issues. I'll just have to check the math and see where things might be getting pushed out of the 0 to 1 range I guess. At least I have something to go on now.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #69 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: Strange... I had run into the same problem with mask contrast in the past, it was the reason I had removed it, but I thought I fixed it. I'll have to do some more testing with it I guess. I've been using mask contrast set to 0.2, the soft light blend mode, and no blend if mask and I haven't been having any issues. I'll just have to check the math and see where things might be getting pushed out of the 0 to 1 range I guess. At least I have something to go on now.

Update:
Screens/comparison:
Reshade 3 Off/neural/untouched/.png for testing:

Reshade 3 On with Clarity2.fx @ ClarityFloat sharp = 1.00-blur; (bugged, see left-buttom-side):

Reshade 3 On with Clarity2.fx @ ClarityFloat sharp = 0.995-blur; (fixed):

Here are my .ini Reshade 3-settings for testing (All the testing is done with ClarityRGBMode @ 0 (disabled):

Hopefully this will help with finding a better solution.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #70 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Are you getting this when only Clarity2 is running, or do you only see it in combination with other shaders?

Either way I have two solutions you can try.
This is my preferred solution, not entirely sure it will work though.

And I'm pretty sure this will fix it but I'd rather not do it this way.

Oh, I also added a preprocessor setting for the luma mode, add Clarity_Luma=0 to the preprocessor definitions in the settings tab, you can use the values 0 through 6. I'll add some more info on what each one does at some point, but if neither of these fixes work with the default setting of 0 then try cycling through the others to see if it helps.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #71 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Many thanks for the quick reply!

Are you getting this when only Clarity2 is running, or do you only see it in combination with other shaders?

I am getting that with both: with Clarity2 standalone and also in combination with other effects/shaders

I'll try all of them solutions later today and will keep you posted.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #72 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Update 2:
After some intensive testing :P I managed to figure out what was causing the new problem that I mentioned below:

its because I had 2 Clarity.fx's inside the shaders folders but only 1 was active at a time so that I could compare between them easier (Clarity.fx & Clarity2.fx)
Update:
I did change the "technique Clarity2" to "technique Clarity" for the previous version of Clartity2 v.1.1 and named it Clarity.fx with separated settings, but kept the new Clarity2.fx technique intact. Also it was in the same technique-sorting.
But after removing the old (not active) Clarity.fx version and reloaded Reshade 3,.0.8, it solved the brightness issue.

Comparisons:
Clarity2 version 08.16.17a is way better. Version 17b makes the image less sharper and a bit more dimmer/darker.
The best results with 17a is Clarity_Luma @ 5 but it doesn't really remove the glitching completely, It does how ever removes it completely if I change ClarityFloat sharp = saturate(1.0-blur); to ClarityFloat sharp = saturate(0.995-blur); but makes the image a little bit dimmer/darker (a higher MaskContrast fixes the dimmed/dark areas)

My settings with Clarity2 version 08.16.17a @1.0-blur & MaskContrast=0.20 & Clarity_Luma=5 (see left bottom side of the pic for the glitch):

My current settings with Clarity2 version 08.16.17a @0.995-blur & MaskContrast=0.35 & Clarity_Luma=5 :

Hope this will help with finding a solution.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #73 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Echo wrote: its because I had 2 Clarity.fx's inside the shaders folders but only 1 was active at a time so that I could compare between them easier (Clarity.fx & Clarity2.fx)
Really weird, but after removing 1 Clarity.fx and reloading Reshade 3, it solved the brightness issue.

Not weird at all. If both fx files contain the same technique name, enabling one will enable both at the same time.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #74 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

crosire wrote:

Echo wrote: its because I had 2 Clarity.fx's inside the shaders folders but only 1 was active at a time so that I could compare between them easier (Clarity.fx & Clarity2.fx)
Really weird, but after removing 1 Clarity.fx and reloading Reshade 3, it solved the brightness issue.

Not weird at all. If both fx files contain the same technique name, enabling one will enable both at the same time.

Sorry forgot to mention that I did change the "technique Clarity2" to "technique Clarity" for the previous version of Clartity2 v.1.1 and named it Clarity.fx with separated settings, but kept the new Clarity2.fx technique intact. Also it was in the same technique-sorting. But like I mentioned, a single Clarity.fx was active at a time in Reshade 3.0.8.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #75 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
I feel like this shouldn't be necessary but try changing line 278 from
float4 orig = tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord);
to
float4 orig = saturate(tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord));

I think this problem is being caused by negative values somewhere and thats the only thing I didn't clamp between 0 and 1.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #76 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: I feel like this shouldn't be necessary but try changing line 278 from

float4 orig = tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord);
to
float4 orig = saturate(tex2D(ReShade::BackBuffer, texcoord));

I think this problem is being caused by negative values somewhere and thats the only thing I didn't clamp between 0 and 1.

I did what you asked, but I couldn't see any difference in image-quality and the glitch is still there
(@ClarityFloat sharp = saturate(1.0-blur);).
I also found another interesting bug (at least I think its a bug or maybe its what it's suppose to do) with the new Clarity_Luma settings:

Clarity_Luma=4

Clarity_Luma=6

Clarity_Luma=5 (best setting so far with ClarityFloat sharp = saturate(0.995-blur);)

Here is the RAW-PNG that you might wanna test it with:

Here is a mix of both RAW-PNG's (ME:A & intro DX:MD):

Tested with these preset-settings:

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #77 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
Strange... I'm able to duplicate it though so I'll probably just start rebuilding the shader line by line and see where the problem shows up. I'm also getting some weirdness when using RGB mode and the hard light blend mode so it seems like there may be a few problems here.

Thanks for testing this and posting those .pngs. Hopefully I'll be able to find a fix soon.

• Echo
More
6 years 8 months ago #78 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0

Ioxa wrote: Strange... I'm able to duplicate it though so I'll probably just start rebuilding the shader line by line and see where the problem shows up. I'm also getting some weirdness when using RGB mode and the hard light blend mode so it seems like there may be a few problems here.

Thanks for testing this and posting those .pngs. Hopefully I'll be able to find a fix soon.

No problem at all! I am glad to be able to help you with finding a better solution then mine.

• Marty
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #79 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
So the Create LUT shader works as it should.
The problem is almost certainly the LUT shader. If the LUT isn't the default size , that is 32x32, it won't work correctly. Changing the lutsize and lutamount values in shader itself and adding the values in pre-processor produces the green tint I was talking about.
Plus the fLUT_TileSizeXY= and fLUT_TileAmount= are swaped, meaning the TileAmount is the TileSize and vice versa.
It may not be the right thread to discuss this, but it would be nice to have fully working LUT shader...
The LUT itself must be OK, I made it exactly the same as the 32x32 working one.

EDIT:
I tried to load LUT without any changes, to test this. There is the lut I loaded and at the bottom is the lut of how it actually looks. There must be something wrong...
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Marty. Reason: Added the LUTs
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Chavolatra
More
6 years 6 months ago #80 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 3.0
this effects in reshade 3.0.8 available of shaders list ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.