PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

More
5 years 4 months ago #43 by Euda
As I continued developing two days ago, framework implementation plus new version is in progress. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, NattyDread, kanuuna, Elimina, Tycholarfero, Solano, Efinity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #44 by Elimina
So, I have really been wanting to try this shader pack, but everytime I make any change to the ReShade.fx, (like turning effects on/off and changing the effects' power etc.) it comes up with the error: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Assassins Creed Brotherhood\ReShade.fx(1, 1): error x3000: syntax error: unexpected 'unknown'". Is there a way to fix this or should I just give up. I really want to test the GI effect. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #45 by crosire

Elimina wrote: it comes up with the error: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Assassins Creed Brotherhood\ReShade.fx(1, 1): error x3000: syntax error: unexpected 'unknown'".

File was saved in UTF8 with BOM encoding, convert it to ANSI / UTF8 without BOM in order for it to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #46 by Tarta

Elimina wrote: So, I have really been wanting to try this shader pack, but everytime I make any change to the ReShade.fx, (like turning effects on/off and changing the effects' power etc.) it comes up with the error: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Assassins Creed Brotherhood\ReShade.fx(1, 1): error x3000: syntax error: unexpected 'unknown'". Is there a way to fix this or should I just give up. I really want to test the GI effect. Thanks in advance.


use WordPad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #47 by crosire
It should be noted that the Windows Notepad does save unicode files with BOM (Byte Order Mark) at the beginning when the "UTF-8" encoding is selected, which is incompatible with ReShade. So yeah, either save as ANSI, or use a proper editor which does support different encodings (like plain UTF8). As for WordPad, I'd be very careful with that one, it does not provide any encoding options as far as I know.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #48 by OtisInf
What are you using to load the files then, if I may ask? :) stdio.h ? fopen/_wfopen should support BOM through the ccs flag you can specify. Not sure if you already do this, if not, it's worth a look ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #49 by crosire

OtisInf wrote: What are you using to load the files then, if I may ask? :) stdio.h ? fopen/_wfopen should support BOM through the ccs flag you can specify. Not sure if you already do this, if not, it's worth a look ;)

ReShade FX does not support unicode. There is no need for it, as the language only supports ANSI characters. UTF8 without BOM has the neat advantage to translate nicely into the same binary that ANSI would translate too (except when unicode characters are used, but even then it can still be parsed). The BOM however does not make sense in an ANSI environment and the parser thus identifies it as an unknown/invalid symbol in the input text and fails.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #50 by roxahris
Any news/idea on if this will still be integrated into the Framework? With the latest revision of it, I seem to be unable to get it to display alongside the other shaders with my own skills, and none of the Framework AO shaders integrate into games as well as SSDO does.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #51 by NattyDread

roxahris wrote: none of the Framework AO shaders integrate into games as well as SSDO does.


Ouch. Now you're never gonna get it. :P
I on the other hand like to say I love all techniques in framework so far, Marty :side: and find that this would be just another great addition.
Maybe someone can make an unofficial integration if we cant get in touch with Euda again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #52 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Let me first implement my own AO, then we see if SSDO is still urgently needed ;)
To add it, I need a major rework of the AO pipeline as I learned a lot when working with my own AO.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #53 by aufkrawall
I hope you are as hypersensitive regarding SSAO motion artifacts as I am. :D
The best realtime AO I have ever seen is the SSDO of Crysis 3. Best screen space effects are effects that almost don't look like screen space effects. :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #54 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
You won't have to worry about that. I have never played Crysis 3 (insert newspaper cat: I should buy it) but I really want to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #55 by NattyDread
Donated so you can get it. Or maybe you were being sarcastic :side:
whatever, wanted to give back a little something for a while now for all the countless hours of fun :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #56 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Oh wow thanks o.O now I have to find out how to pay for games with Origin as I rarely use it....
Edit: Got it, thank you so much!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #57 by roxahris
Well, SSDO is simply far better suited to integrating with games than the current Framework AO methods are. The colour bouncing it does allows it to fit into images as though it were a natural part of the rendering process, with very little tweaking or adjustment. On my system, it also performs better than the shaders currently present in Framework when dealing with equivalent render target scales.

Marty, I've no doubt that your new AO shader will be of excellent quality and a vast improvement on all the currently available ones, especially given the preview shots of it. If there are no plans to implement SSDO in Framework, then, it would be very helpful if someone could help figure out what needs to be changed in this shader in order to get it working alongside it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YOBA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #58 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

roxahris wrote: Well, SSDO is simply far better suited to integrating with games than the current Framework AO methods are. The colour bouncing it does allows it to fit into images as though it were a natural part of the rendering process, with very little tweaking or adjustment. On my system, it also performs better than the shaders currently present in Framework when dealing with equivalent render target scales.

Marty, I've no doubt that your new AO shader will be of excellent quality and a vast improvement on all the currently available ones, especially given the preview shots of it. If there are no plans to implement SSDO in Framework, then, it would be very helpful if someone could help figure out what needs to be changed in this shader in order to get it working alongside it.



The performance thing is mostly because the porting of those shaders was a cut and shut thing where I made absolutely no code optimizations. And my AO has also color bouncing. SSDO will be ported at some point but I cannot plan it, mostly because it would require rewriting of the AO render chain (I doubt anyone would invest so much time into that) but I have to do that at some point anyways as my AO also needs a rewriting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #59 by aufkrawall
Is it unavoidable that every injected AO method has problems like not getting occluded by fog?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #60 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Yes, like with every transparent object. AO implemented in games runs before transparent objects are applied, AO in postprocessing runs after them but transparent objects aren't drawn to depth buffer sometimes. Stuff like the trees in GTASA appear fully opaque where the texture hasn't alpha = 0 but stuff like particles and 2dfx are always invisible to depth buffer. I tried some things but masking fog etc is impossible, especially for some hazy look of some sort. What could be masked is fully opaque smoke like the smoke grenades in CSGO but then, a detection that would find evenly colored areas onscreen would also consider a plain grey wall as such.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #61 by Crystrex
Marty McFly Sorry for offtop. Please can you tell me how to find and enable your AO shader on Framework 1.1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #62 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Not released.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.