PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

• x8009
More
4 years 10 months ago #81 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Got it to work eventually ..

Some games I couldn't get Depth buffer , NFS Payback . there is depth buffer but it's all white and barrel visible for SSAO. what can we do in this case ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #82 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

Marot wrote:

Martigen wrote: Thank you Marot for doing this.

We need these added to Reshade's repositories (at least those you've fixed to work with 4.X) -- can you submit to Crosire for inclusion?

[strike]Would be happy to once I've finished isolating Godrays and after I've optimized all three.[/strike] [strike]And pull request submitted.[/strike] PPFX_Bloom.fx, PPFX_Godrays.fx, PPFX_SSDO.fx are now in the standard reshade-shaders repository.

Fantastic! Thank you :)

• Zarathustra
More
4 years 10 months ago #83 by Zarathustra Replied by Zarathustra on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
PPFX_SSDO is fantastic! It's especially impressive for vegetation in Total War games:
Before
Warning: Spoiler!

After
Warning: Spoiler!

• x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #84 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
There is an issue with PPFX_Bloom. When I enter NFS Payback with it enabled it is distorting all the graphics. It happens with a combination of SuperDepth 3D. any idea what could be the issue?
If PPFX_Bloom is not enabled when the game launched everything is fine.
If PPFX_bloom enabled there is no issue when the game launched everything is fine
If PPFX_Bloom enabled + Super depth Enabled when the game is launched then the graphics are distorted.
If I PPFX_Bloom Disabled + Super Depth Enabled when the game is launched everything is fine.

If I enabled PPFX_Bloom after the game is launched then everything is fine.

To fix the distortion all needed is to Reload reshade button and everything is fine again, but if I am Alt + Tab then it will be distorted again. If I don't enabled PPFX_Bloom at launch then Alt Tab will always work fine even after enabling it after game is launched.

Can someone fix this issue ?\

SuperDepth is always last on the list order and PPFX Bloom is on the top 1st

EDIT : It also happens in Journey game
EDIT: It also happens in Ghost Recon WildLands

This is the issue I posted with pictures
reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4083...tion?start=920#34703
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by x8009.

• Euda
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #85 by Euda Replied by Euda on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Hello Guys! Long time no see.

I was able to upgrade to a notebook with a GPU strong enough for writing effects and testing in a realistic environment (my previous device had a chip based on the GeForce 210M - :sick: ).

Anyway, I was diving into the SSDO effect which, based on the answers in this thread, seems to be the most popular shader within PPFX. Current progress features the following changes:
  • Drastically reduced noise, effect now looks much smoother with both small & high sampling ranges
  • Added parameters for more customization
  • Changed blending mode
  • Changed how colors are mixed in the occlusion term for indirect light bounces - the colored areas now look more correct
  • Fixed issues with LOD parameters
  • Added temporal supersampling (+parameter so you can trade ghosting against smoothness)

Here are some screenshots, release will come after I cleaned up my code.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, kanuuna, v00d00m4n, Apocalypso, acknowledge, Tojkar, Zarathustra, justniggatryingtohelp, Marot, pyewacket and 1 other people also said thanks.

• kanuuna
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #86 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

Marot wrote:

kanuuna wrote: Any chance of seeing the bloom shader from this package imported to recent versions of ReShade?

Based on your glowing feedback, I've gone ahead and done just that:
github.com/Mortalitas/GShade-Shaders/blo...haders/PPFX_Bloom.fx

You'll also need to grab the following png and throw it into your Textures folder:
github.com/Mortalitas/GShade-Shaders/blo...r/Textures/DirtA.png

If you can recall any other parts of this shader that particularly struck you as unique, do let me know and I'll give them the same treatment when I stumble upon more free time.

I'm sorry I didn't catch your reply earlier - I want to give you massive thanks for bringing an update to this shader. It really breathes new life into games like no other shader of its kind. I've been playing around with the updated version in conjunction with Marty's WIP 'RT' shader and they compliment one another in wonderful fashion.

Thank you.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by kanuuna.

• Zarathustra
More
4 years 9 months ago #87 by Zarathustra Replied by Zarathustra on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

kanuuna wrote: I've been playing around with the updated version in conjunction with Marty's WIP 'RT' shader and they compliment one another in wonderful fashion.

QFT!

• v00d00m4n
More
4 years 9 months ago #88 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Please. release it now)

• jas01
More
4 years 9 months ago #89 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Release it soon. :)

• Euda
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #90 by Euda Replied by Euda on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Released, grab the newest version from here (direct download):

pixelbanane.de/yafu/1028390544/SSDO+Release.rar

Make sure you drop both the noise and the shader files into your ReShade directory. Replace the old files if necessary. Huge Thank You goes to Marot Satil for de-coupling the shader from the old PPFX file developed for ReShade 0.x – Thus keeping the project alive!
I left your name in the file header.

Github Link:
github.com/pascalmatthaeus/ppfx

Please tell me about issues and wishes you have for the effect. Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Euda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, jas01, Apocalypso, acknowledge, Viper_Joe, Marot, Bred_W

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #91 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Looking and performing very well. I really like it (especially its indirect lighting/light bouncing part). It was a much needed update, so thank you very much for your work.

No issues for now. It's working fine even with other AO shaders. Playing with it and Marty McFly's new PTGI Shader I wonder about one thing - Why won't someone create a shader based on a more traditional AO MIXED with PT (just to get a little quality boost from it - For example use it only for it's light boucing part). Newer AO techniques like GTAO are already working pretty well.
Speaking about GTAO (Ground Truth based Ambient Occlusion). Could you take a look at this shader and see if you could improve your newest version of SSDO even more?
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by jas01. Reason: .

• Marty McFly
More
4 years 8 months ago #92 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

jas01 wrote: Looking and performing very well. I really like it (especially its indirect lighting/light bouncing part). It was a much needed update, so thank you very much for your work.

No issues for now. It's working fine even with other AO shaders. Playing with it and Marty McFly's new PTGI Shader I wonder about one thing - Why won't someone create a shader based on a more traditional AO MIXED with PT (just to get a little quality boost from it - For example use it only for it's light boucing part). Newer AO techniques like GTAO are already working pretty well.
Speaking about GTAO (Ground Truth based Ambient Occlusion). Could you take a look at this shader and see if you could improve your newest version of SSDO even more?

MXAO HQ mode is GTAO :silly:

Also why would you want to mix a higher precision AO with a lower precision AO? Any regular AO looks very incorrect from a reality perspective, brute force methods just outperform them, but are sadly much slower.

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #93 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!

Marty McFly wrote: MXAO HQ mode is GTAO :silly:

Also why would you want to mix a higher precision AO with a lower precision AO? Any regular AO looks very incorrect from a reality perspective, brute force methods just outperform them, but are sadly much slower.

I would like to use it, but to my knowledge there is no working indirect lighting option for your HQ MXAO yet. Waiting for it in patience. :)

As you said. Better performance is the main reason here. But maybe I'm wrong - Not sure if creating a shader that would combine GTAO with some form of PT (for example used for IL/ lights bounce) is even possible at all (or if it could be faster than the full version of your PTGI shader). I was thinking about using PT for IL only (alongside more traditional/regular AO technique). Personally I really enjoy using MXAO/GTAO and SSDO, but I wasn't able to achieve a truly spectacular looking light bouncing with any currently released ReShade shader (nothing close to this or this ).

About combining two different AO shaders - Of course I wasn't suggesting mixing two very different AO techniques here (if talking occlusion alone). I only like to use larger radius AO & finer AO sometimes (usually getting some pretty mixed results). It would be ideal for me to just have something closer to this enb shader called "skylighting"... But it's a different topic.

• Reticuli
More
1 year 7 months ago #94 by Reticuli Replied by Reticuli on topic PPFX Shaderpack | 1.03.29 | SSDO GI and much more!
Why does PPFX SSDO cause banding in Arma 3?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.