Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: distortion correction - conformal perspective

distortion correction - conformal perspective 4 months 1 week ago #61

I don't exactly understand, what you mean by double elliptical?
It is possible to use any of those cartographic projection from Blinky within Perfect Perspective. But note that most games limit FOV to 110°, while Blinky enables 180-360°
The administrator has disabled public write access.

distortion correction - conformal perspective 4 months 1 week ago #62

By double elliptical I meant two circles intersecting, like how our vision is basically two circles intersecting to make things sharper and clearer, or how we look through binoculars to magnify something. Since Perfect Perspective magnifies I was hoping a double circle or sideways 8 effect can be applied... I hope that makes sense.

If there is a chance something like Blinky can be applied to Perfect Perspective that would be great. Something to make FoV in games more interesting. Since you do have the option to duplicate an image to the corners when the screen is curved, it could add a chance to extend the FoV in games artificially beyond what was meant by applying what is to the left, right, top, and bottom of a player character like what Blinky is doing to extend the FoV artificially and more naturally. I'm actually not sure on those thoughts when it comes to something like shaders for reshade, you would know more than me on this though.

distortion correction - conformal perspective 4 months 2 days ago #63

The center of distortion must be at the image center vanishing point. Making two intersecting circles would result in double vision like VR screen-shot .

What would make image more like human vision is "Vertical Curviness Amount".
Default 0.5 is more or less, view from two-eyes merged into one, if you will :)

Extending FOV beyond what's already there on the screen is currently impossible in pixel shaders.
Blinky renders 6 views to get 360 degrees of view, while games with ReShade render only one.

Extending FOV is possible with vertex shaders, but they are not supported by ReShade.