Color Filter

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #21 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
That is a redefinition error. At lines 99 and 100 you are redefining DarkColor and BrightColor. If you look at all the other custom filters they will say DarkColor2, DarkColor4, DarkColor5, etc. Those two lines need to look like this.
#define DarkColor3       float3(0.2,0.0,0.0)  //Color applied to dark areas. 
#define BrightColor3     float3(0.2,0.0,0.0)  //Color applied to bright areas.

And the instructions for using the custom filters are just above the custom filters, they start at line 62. But here are the links from the instructions.

lslwiki.net/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=color
web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html

Here are the instructions for using colors from the second link.

//For more color options the chart at web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html can be used. The numbers in the row labeled "R;G;B Dec" can be use but each number must be divided by 255.
//For example the color DodgerBlue4 is 16;78;139. 16/255 = ~0.06275. To use the color in a filter it would look like this, float3(0.06275, 0.3059, 0.5451)
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• padolamap
More
8 years 10 months ago #22 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
much, but thank you very much, it is clear now

• borrisgame
More
8 years 10 months ago #23 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic Color Filter
hi bro please possible new color filter ?

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #24 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

borrisgame wrote: hi bro please possible new color filter ?

Do you want different colors? If thats the case you can use the custom filters and choose any color you want.

• amoebae
More
8 years 9 months ago #25 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Color Filter
I seem to remember reading elsewhere when 0.19.0 first came out you were updating this to integrate with the new binary and methods. I can't find where I read that now. I've just downloaded 0.19.1 but don't see it included (unless it's hidden somewhere and I'm not looking properly). Any updates?

This has got to be one of my favourite shaders for its sheer simplicity and utility.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Color Filter
Do you mean the LUT shader of the TuningPalette shader in the CustomFX suite?

• amoebae
More
8 years 9 months ago #27 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Color Filter

LuciferHawk wrote: Do you mean the LUT shader of the TuningPalette shader in the CustomFX suite?

Is that what Ioxa's Color Filter shader has morphed into now? That's radically different to the first (and second) iteration of this shader (in the OP), and there's no word on this thread, so I wasn't aware it had changed. If that is what you mean, is there some documentation somewhere as to how to use it now? The previous version was very easy.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #28 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

amoebae wrote: I seem to remember reading elsewhere when 0.19.0 first came out you were updating this to integrate with the new binary and methods. I can't find where I read that now. I've just downloaded 0.19.1 but don't see it included (unless it's hidden somewhere and I'm not looking properly). Any updates?

This has got to be one of my favourite shaders for its sheer simplicity and utility.

I'm still working on it, just been busy lately. I'm making some changes that will hopefully make the custom filters easier to use and also testing out a few other ideas I had. I'm still very new to coding so sometimes converting an idea into working code takes me awhile but I'm thinking I'll be able to finish it some time next week

• amoebae
More
8 years 9 months ago #29 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Color Filter

Ioxa wrote: I'm still working on it, just been busy lately. I'm making some changes that will hopefully make the custom filters easier to use and also testing out a few other ideas I had. I'm still very new to coding so sometimes converting an idea into working code takes me awhile but I'm thinking I'll be able to finish it some time next week

Oh, this is exciting news, thank you. I hope you didn't think I was being insistent. I'm still quite happily using 0.18.7, just wondered if this was still in the pipeline or if it had moved to another shader/pack while I was being unobservant. Thanks for the update, I'll check back later :)

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #30 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Color Filter

amoebae wrote: OI'm still quite happily using 0.18.7, just wondered if this was still in the pipeline or if it had moved to another shader/pack while I was being unobservant.

Quick heads up: ReShade is not ReShade Framework! So it's a good idea to always update ReShade to the latest version (that is only the DLLs, currently 0.19.2), but keep the old Framework shader files (currently version 5102.07.02.0136).
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #31 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
Updated the ReShade + Framework version.
Install instructions are in the Readme file or you can find them in the original post.

Download ColorFilter for ReShade + Framework

Updated the config files for compatibility with the Framework Mediator.

Changed the custom filters, they should be easier to use now. Instead of using 0.0 - 1.0 for the color values they now use 0 - 255. I think this is more common so it should be easier to adjust them to get the colors you want. I also think having the sliders in the mediator along with the preview makes it much easier, just set the option to view the filter to 1 and start adjusting the sliders.

Added an option to dither the filter. I noticed some color combinations would cause a lot of banding, turning on dithering will help reduce that.

Changed some of the blending options. Replaced vivid light with linear light and added a burn and dodge combination.

Made a few other changes that I think make this a little easier to use, still trying to think of ways to make it easier though so you have any ideas or recommendations let me know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap, SpinelessJelly, BillyAlt, Ganossa, amoebae, teringlijer

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #32 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
hello loxa thanks to all for the excellent work. I would like to make an inquiry, that possibility being able to make for each filter one LIFTGAMMAGAIN or have at least the possibility of giving more light to each color we select as only you can with red, green and blue, it means what I say, my English is appalling that use google translator, I have no choice.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #33 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

padolamap wrote: hello loxa thanks to all for the excellent work. I would like to make an inquiry, that possibility being able to make for each filter one LIFTGAMMAGAIN or have at least the possibility of giving more light to each color we select as only you can with red, green and blue, it means what I say, my English is appalling that use google translator, I have no choice.

What kind of results are you looking for? Do you want control over the brightness of the colors in the filter? I can try experimenting with some settings and see how they look. I have a couple ideas I've been wanting to try that may give the results you want.

You could also try changing the effect ordering and put the color filter before LIFTGAMMAGAIN and VIBRANCE. If the color filter runs before those two then they would also have an effect on the color added from the filter.

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #34 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
My idea is to work on yellows and browns. I'll try what you say if changing, I suppose, the location in EffectOrdering get any difference, I guess you are referring to that.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #35 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
To adjust yellow and brown you need to use different combinations of red, green, and blue.

If you want to use yellow as custom color set red to 255, green to 255, and blue to 0. If you lower the values of red and green you will get a darker yellow. And you can add a little blue to get some lighter shades of yellow. Look at the values in the R;G;B Dec section here to get an idea of what different color combinations look like.

Brown is the same idea but it's usually much lower values than yellow. If you set red to 51 and everything else to 0 you will get a color that looks close to brown. Look at the values in the R;G;B Dec section here for some different shades of brown.

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #36 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
this product had already seen when I had just created the color filter with custom colors and is very good to have the initiative acurdo the color you want. But I look efcto for example is that when you use such as green and adjust midtones or highlights is how you can give it another color intensity not know how to explain and point to each color to select

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #37 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
Oh, I see what you're saying. I'll see what I can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #38 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
Perhaps, it occurs to me, put that kind of amendment at the end and you can select which of the filters make modifications. Sorry for not knowing perhaps talk much work and perhaps that means I am the only one to use it, but I think giving ideas is like a more complete end product is made. So you see by my 52 years this nonsense asking for anyone under age. My hobby is aircraft simulators.
thank you very much for your understanding

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #39 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
I finally have some time to work on this. Do you want to be able to change the color of the filter in the mids, highs, and lows or do you want to be able to adjust the strength of the filter in the mids, highs, and lows?

And I agree, input is helpful for improving this. I'm open to any ideas you have.

I'm also curious if you use multiple filters at a time or if you just use a single filter. I would like to reduce this entire shader to just a single custom filter and maybe add an option to it to use some predefined colors. Would that work for you?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Ioxa.

• padolamap
More
8 years 8 months ago #40 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
Hi LOXA normally I use 2 to 3 filters simultaneously. another query, it is possible that the DOF effect completely remove the color filter, I use it through the frame and where biene located by default, no matter if I put it at the beginning or end of the list of effects on result is the same

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.