ReShade 2.0.3f1 porting to ReShade 3.x

• xXReDxSparoweXx
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #1 by xXReDxSparoweXx ReShade 2.0.3f1 porting to ReShade 3.x was created by xXReDxSparoweXx
I was wondering how I would go about using / porting a preset that I had downloaded for a particular game to work with newer versions of ReShade? The preset was made using ReShade v.2.0.3f1 and I am having the hardest time adjusting the preset. I tried using the ReShade Assitant that's included with the 2.0.3f1 download I obtained from the repository on Mediafire but I'm finding it rather tedious to adjust settings while not in-game. Normally if I was using / testing a preset that, for whatever reason, wasn't compatible with the newer in-game UI I would just open up the config file in-game and then from there I would adjust accordingly.

As far as ReShade goes I've only ever used presets made for the "framework 1.x series" or the "ReShade 3.x series". I've always been accustomed to doing any adjustments using Notepad++ for presets not using the new UI or in the UI itself if the presets were made with it in mind. Oddly enough I've never used any ReShade versions from the "2.x Series" and up until writing this, I hadn't even noticed this myself. So I apologize for my being uninformed in regards to editing any presets made for the "2.x Series".

Off the top of my head, the only thing I could think of in the meantime while I hope to hear back from someone regarding my request/issue would be to open up the ".cfg" files one by one and make any adjustments accordingly. The only problem I have with this, other than it being more time consuming, would be ruining the preset altogether. I still have a lot to learn as far as making my very own preset from scratch, compiling it, etc. as I don't know off the top of my head what I'd need to adjust, by opening the correct ".cfg" file.

Is there a common approach to using a preset made with "2.0.3f1" within the new new "3.x"? Just by looking at some of the files from the default "core" versions themselves side by side I can tell that the formatting is different and that right there tells me that there's more to it than just simply copy > overwriting.

While I'm not asking for anybody to go out of their way and straight up convert the presets I have in mind ( 4 total) themselves, I wouldn't say no lol! I'm really asking for help in learning how to do it myself because I naturally like to learn about these sorts of things or anything involved with gaming and or computer nerdgasm stuff. So if there's a write up out there on how to do this or if I could get a point in the right direction, it would really make my day!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 2.0.3f1 porting to ReShade 3.x
I posted a solution for an old beta version of Reshade 3. Don't know if this still works, but you could try:

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2226...-old-framework#16150
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by brussell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.