Right now in the game I'm using this shader it works by highlighting very specific area based on depth and while the rest is desaturized. What I ideally want is reverse of that, i.e. the specific area in the depth-distance being affected (either tinted with custom color or desaturized) while the rest of the space is not affected. Basically I want what classic DOF does except instead of blurring I want to put custom color accent on it.
Actually this change is very trivial - just modify depthDiffCoC to be (1-depthDiffCoC). I've made a version with an "InvertEffect" GUI toggle that does exactly that:
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.
Essential Always on
Necessary for the operation of the website. These cookies cannot be disabled.
Functional
Enable convenient features and the storing of preferences.
Statistics
Help us understand how visitors use the website (audience measurement).
Marketing
Used for advertising and tracking visitors across websites.