Reflective Bump Mapping [Marty McFly]

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 1 week ago #21 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Reflective Bump Mapping [Marty McFly]
And I was only to de-derail it back on the shader. :whistle:

Sharing is Learning.

(now it is derailed)
@crosire
Yes, ADD-MAD. But how about SFU or ALU? I've read that they support interpolation instructions along with math like sqrt(), rcpsqrt() and stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #22 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic Reflective Bump Mapping [Marty McFly]
lerp in the shader?
color*(1-reflfactor)+reflection*reflfactor?
rofl factor??
a*(1-r) + b*r???

Guys, guys !!
Lets forget about this all, I got a splitting headache and even more after
reading about those rofl factors, a*(1-r) + b*r & lerps.

My sincere apologies for derailing the topic.
Lads: the beer is on me, well I hope you are still thirsty. Cheers!

The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 1 week ago #23 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Reflective Bump Mapping [Marty McFly]
Well reflections are applied by

result = lerp(color, reflection, reflectionamount)

where lerp(A,B,1.0) outputs B, lerp(A,B,0.0) outputs A, lerp(A,B,0.5) outputs the exact middle between A and B and so on. If I apply a threshold on reflections (as Elimina requested) the result would be black reflections where the reflections are darker than the threshold. It would work if it was color + reflection but that isn't the equation. I probably have to introduce some reflectance term, let's see...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.