MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible?

• ayybola1336
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by ayybola1336 MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible? was created by ayybola1336
Guys I need your help. Since reshade is blocking the depth map in online games like bf3 for whatever reason, trying to enable the "DisplayDepth" shader from the standard reshade shader pack would only give me a black screen:

Recently I've stumbled upon a shader called "DepthTool.fx" which actually works perfectly on bf3 for showing the depth map

So now I have a question: is it possible to somehow "connect" the MatsoDOF and the shader mentioned above. So that MatsoDOF would use the depth map provided by "DepthTool" shader, since the standard "DisplayDepth" shader isn't working. Or maybe there is any other shaders that give you the same type of bokeh?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say and thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible?
Then there's another linearizing function in place. Providing the depth tool shader would've been awesome so we could actually see what it does.

• ayybola1336
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #3 by ayybola1336 Replied by ayybola1336 on topic MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible?
Hey thanks for the reply. I got it from here
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/tree/master/Shaders

• ayybola1336
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #4 by ayybola1336 Replied by ayybola1336 on topic MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible?
Btw, managed to get the standard "DisplayDepth" shader to work by changing the "RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE" value (it was 0 by default). That way it works flawless in an empty server (With actual MatsoDOF blur). However, when I join the actual server with other players and check the "DisplayDepth" shader, the screen sometimes randomly goes full black for a few frames. And as a result the dof disappearing as well.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 2 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MatsoDOF + DepthTool.fx - Is it possible?
Weird, default value of that is supposed to be 1000.0. Flickering depth is ReShade disabling the depth buffer when it detects network activity.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.