why come nobodys replies to stuff here?

• pleasehelpmereshade
  • pleasehelpmereshade's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #1 by pleasehelpmereshade
A kinda big problem. was created by pleasehelpmereshade
The name might be bland but for some reason gmod doesn't show me the effects. I've followed the tutorials and for some reason it doesn't show me the effects, I've checked the files put d3d9.lll file in the bin and the d3d9.ini file in the bin aswell, but for some strange reason the .ini file was just called d3d9. any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pleasehelpmereshade
  • pleasehelpmereshade's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #2 by pleasehelpmereshade
Replied by pleasehelpmereshade on topic why come nobodys replies to stuff here?
this might seem inpatient but for some reason there's a 1,500 viewed topic and only 3 people responded to it? why are so many people silent?
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by pleasehelpmereshade.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #3 by Chris S
Replied by Chris S on topic why come nobodys replies to stuff here?
Probably because most people here are users like you and me.

Check if there is d3d9.log If it's not there it hasn't loaded reshade at all. If it has try posting the log here or elsewhere.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #4 by gottenspell
Replied by gottenspell on topic why come nobodys replies to stuff here?
Because the best days of the forum are long gone, and most people understand little about shaders. And those who understand create some useless garbage or repeat what has already been done before them.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Tojkar
Replied by Tojkar on topic why come nobodys replies to stuff here?

And those who understand create some useless garbage or repeat what has already been done before them.

There are easier ways to tell people how clueless you are. For example: "I don't know a thing about X."

By your logic, you should go back playing Pong because all the later games are just repeating what has been done long before. For your information, there are multiple ways of doing stuff with seemingly same results, but in fact those are not equals. You don't even have to know anything about coding to see the differences in visuals, customatibility or performance. Just open your eyes and stop being so damn ungrateful brat.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #6 by Tojkar
Replied by Tojkar on topic A kinda big problem.

the d3d9.ini file in the bin aswell, but for some strange reason the .ini file was just called d3d9. any help?

How did you install Reshade?
Do you know what a file extension means?

Here is a guide on how to install Reshade 3.x: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501...-guide-for-newcomers

While the guide is optimized for an old build, there are not many differences in the newer ones. The installer should make everything self explanatory and should also fix the "problem" with file extension.

So first, read the guide.
Second, do what ever the installer tells you to.
Third, if that does not work, tell what you actually did, what happened and we can go forward from there.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #7 by gottenspell
Replied by gottenspell on topic why come nobodys replies to stuff here?
No need to lie, on the contrary, I'm very grateful. But people really do bullshit shaders are much more necessary for older games. And last time all efforts are directed to modern games where all this is actually not needed.