[FR/Bug] Support for RAM drives for shader cache

• Digika
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by Digika [FR/Bug] Support for RAM drives for shader cache was created by Digika
I have a RAM disk (Primo Ramdisk Server) which I use for all kinds of cache. However, for some reason, Reshade wont allow me to use it - it always falls back to %TEMP% folder, thinking the path is invalid. This reminds me of similar issue with `cmake` which also fails to process any files on RAM disk.
From my understanding this is not a compelx task - can be this fixed for the next version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [FR/Bug] Support for RAM drives for shader cache
Tried with a couple of freeware RAM disk software (ImDisk, SoftPerfect RAM Disk, ...) and it worked with all of them for me. Make sure the path you enter in the "IntermediateCachePath" config option does actually exist before ReShade is started (ReShade will not attempt to create it if it does not and will instead fall back to the default).
ReShade doesn't do anything particularly special to check if the path exists, so if it still fails with your RAM disk software that would indicate a bug in their implementation, rather than ReShade.

• Digika
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #3 by Digika Replied by Digika on topic [FR/Bug] Support for RAM drives for shader cache
UPD: nevermind, it seems to be an issue with their DirectIO implementation. A shame really since SCSI emu has so much overhead and latency
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Digika.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.