[Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Solano [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues was created by Solano
Hi guys,

If I get error reports by users for my preset it´s 99% a game launch issue. Crosire already wrote in another post that disabling BattlEye helps.
In fact sometimes that solves it. But now even this is not the solution anymore.

I really don´t know what to do anymore and what to try so I decided to wrap the whole situation up as short as possible to make sense out of all this and hopefully eliminate this issues with you guys some people have.

We are talking about this preset of mine: sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/real-light-v6/

Here we go;

I contacted BattlEye directly and got the following reply:

Quote:
Warning: Spoiler!

One user has a Blackscreen when trying to launch Arma and he wrote:

Another user reports that the game was running with ReShade when after two days without any change of him on the setup it suddenly failed to work:

I experienced a similar thing. I had ReShade 0.1.92 running for Arma 3 as well and all previous versions I used never caused trouble. I never had to disable BattlEye because it never denied me the usage if the dxgi.dll. When I switched over to ReShade 1.0 it suddenly did tho. So I disabled BattlEye - the game launched and I thought; ok, now I seem to have that issue too (out of nowhere to be honest).Played some Arma, closed the game, thought I´d might give it another shot with BattlEye and then it just launched! ReShade 1.0 running, BattlEye enabled - Arma 3 runs and most important starts til today without any issues and I did nothing to my system. There was no update - I used the same files from your download as before...

Then there was a User that helped another user out with this tip:

The guy tried the workaround and reported that it worked!

A user wrote me this: "I could not launch either until I simply clicked on the arma3.exe itself and ran as administrator. Shortcuts need also to run as admin and i have had mixed results with having mods in the command line. It sometimes launches and sometimes it does not."

I don´t run anything as administrator in the Arma context and it works for me.

Here is another example of how a user made it work for him:

I know this is a lot of quote to read - the reason I do this is just that I hope you guys can make sense out of that and maybe even find clues in these sometimes weird solvings. Like I wrote before I am out of ideas what is happening there and even BattlEye told me everything is whitelisted with ReShade.

Regards

Solano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

Solano wrote: Quote:

Solano wrote: I experienced a similar thing. I had ReShade 0.1.92 running for Arma 3 as well and all previous versions I used never caused trouble. I never had to disable BattlEye because it never denied me the usage if the dxgi.dll. When I switched over to ReShade 1.0 it suddenly did tho. So I disabled BattlEye - the game launched

No surprise. The ReShade binaries changed between 0.19.2 and 1.0.0, so that would no longer make them whitelisted (I guess they do that using a MD5 hash or similar) and thus one needs to wait for BattlEye to add them again.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I understand.
All the issues I mentioned are from a longer timespan.
It seemed to fix it for many people to disable BattlEye but there are others who disabled it and can´t launch so I made this collection to make it hopefully easier to track the issue down once and for all.
It also seems that it isn´t really OS dependent in this case.

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
BUMP

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I got a user who wrote me this:

"I tried it without any mods or battleye enabled and I got a combination of these two errors.

„STATUS_STATCK_BUFFER_OVERRUN“
and
„ACCESS_VIOLATION“

Both of them occur when „compiling effect.“"

Any ideas what this means?

Regards

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
BUMP

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

Solano wrote: Both of them occur when „compiling effect.“"

Does it work if no effects are in the folder, so that ReShade does not try to compile anything?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solano, xXZexxMooreXx

• xXZexxMooreXx
More
8 years 7 months ago #8 by xXZexxMooreXx Replied by xXZexxMooreXx on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
When I remove ReShade.fx, it the game will load and say "Loading effect....no effect found!"

It doesn't crash when there is no ReShade.fx file.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
Interesting, so it's something in the effect compiler that causes the crash. Could you try the same exact shaders and config in some other games to see if it crashes there too (preferably the same DirectX version and with some other DirectX version too, to see if the global parser or the target specific compilers are the problem)?

• xXZexxMooreXx
More
8 years 7 months ago #10 by xXZexxMooreXx Replied by xXZexxMooreXx on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

xXZexxMooreXx wrote: When I remove ReShade.fx, it the game will load and say "Loading effect....no effect found!"

It doesn't crash when there is no ReShade.fx file.

Through about twelve hours of Arma 3 with ReShade and no effect loaded, I had one access violation crash. With ReShade.fx present, the game crashes nearly every time when loading the effect.

I'll try out some other games and see what happens.

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #11 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I think problem comes from game because when game launch, in first few seconds when game initialize, arma 3.exe not respond ( check task manager) and then start well.

I used WhatIsHang and this is what I find:
Arma3 without Reshade - game start normal - in Task Manager -> Arma3.exe - Not Responding -> then - Running
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Horus.

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #12 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
^^follow-up

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #13 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
^^follow

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #14 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
Arma3 with Reshade - game stop after "Loading effect....Succeeded!" - in Task Manager -> Arma3.exe - Not Responding

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #15 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
Arma3 with Reshade - game stop with white screen - in Task Manager -> Arma3.exe - Not Responding

I hope this may be help to find solution how to fix this problem with Arma 3 :blush:

• Solano
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #16 by Solano Replied by Solano on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
Thanks for the effort Horus! I really appreciate this. This is a ton of Data which hopefully clears things up once and for all!

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #17 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I hope, too. Let's see what Crosire have to says about this.. useful data or not.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #18 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues

Horus wrote: 4456 6E08D04E atidxx32.dll!AmdLiquidVrD3D11WrapDeviceContext+0xb68e
4472 77101337 ntdll.dll!RtlDestroyHandleTable+0x347
4476 6E695758 dxgi.dll!D3DKMTCloseAdapter+0x8e67
4480 6E695774 dxgi.dll!D3DKMTCloseAdapter+0x8e83
4484 6E67AED7 dxgi.dll!CreateDXGIFactory1+0x38dc
4500 022763B0 arma3.exe+0xec63b0
4504 022763B0 arma3.exe+0xec63b0
4592 6E08D04E atidxx32.dll!AmdLiquidVrD3D11WrapDeviceContext+0xb68e
4580 6E08D04E atidxx32.dll!AmdLiquidVrD3D11WrapDeviceContext+0xb68e

That AMD Liquid VR wrapper thing in there could be the culprit, though the function names might be misleading, considering that the distance from the function begin to the actual stack pointer is quite high (0xb68e = 46734 bytes = 47 kilobytes). Is your computer equiped with an AMD or NVIDIA card?

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #19 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
AMD R9 270 ... DxDiag 64bit

www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2xt2w9/...ew_vr_sdk_liquid_vr/

• Horus
More
8 years 7 months ago #20 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic [Arma 3]Real Light preset - Game Launch Issues
I try with older driver 14.12 which don't have support for Liquid VR

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.