[SOLVED] "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1 by Ulrezaj "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start was created by Ulrezaj
Hello :)

I downloaded GTA5 recently (non Steam Version, orginal).

I get it running with latest Redux Mod. Thats fine. But I have touble to get any of the reshades to work.

As soon as I start to start the game, the error-message "gta 5 has stopped working" I tryed all but non of them work

After testing a few hours long I figured out, that the dxgi.dll is causing the problem. As soon as I delete this, the game runs fine, but reshade is not enabled (wound load eather in solcalclub launcher before the game start)

So the question is: What to do now ? I watched many videos for examble this one:
Warning: Spoiler!

My problem is the same at 4:35 Minute. There the solution is also to just delete those files, but how can I use reshade after this ??
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Ulrezaj.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Are you trying to play Online or Story Mode? I also have the Rockstar version of GTA V with the Redux mod (1.3) and Reshade (3.1.1) and it works perfectly fine for me. Try removing the version of Reshade that comes with Redux and installing the latest from this site (3.1.1). Previously the game was crashing while trying to load my Story Mission save but that wasn't related to Reshade. I finally figured out the problem was that Rockstar had recently updated their client and it broke compatibility with the Redux mod. I had to copy a file from the GTA V folder into the Redux mod folder and that fixed it. It's worked fine ever since.

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #3 by Ulrezaj Replied by Ulrezaj on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I already use Redux 1.3 and reshade 3.1.1. from here .. :( and yes I play Story

I come to this step when I log in to socialclub.Then the game starts and after ~ 3 sec. -> error

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Interesting. I just tried it again to be sure it's still working and it works fine for me. Did you remember to use OpenIV to reinstall the ASI Loader when upgrading to 1.3? For some reason I had to do that when I upgraded to 1.3.

This probably won't fix your problem but what fixed mine was copying the file "update.rpf" located inside:
Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\update

and pasting it into the folder:
Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\ mods\update

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #5 by Ulrezaj Replied by Ulrezaj on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Tried bouth now, didnt work :(

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #6 by Ulrezaj Replied by Ulrezaj on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
can you post whats inside your "enblocal.ini" located in gta5 mainfolder ?

maybe thats the key

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #7 by Ulrezaj Replied by Ulrezaj on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
So ok i'm a little bit further now.

I deleted all ENB files and folder.

Then I install Reshade -> crash as always

Then I rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll and now i'm ingame with reshade BUT the menu is empty :ohmy: :pinch: :pinch:

• Ulrezaj
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #8 by Ulrezaj Replied by Ulrezaj on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
YEEAAAHHHH Problem solved !!1

I simply renamed the dxgi.ini as well to d3d11.ini and now all is good :)

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
ENB was removed from Redux 1.3 so if it was still in there then that could be an issue too.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• @Jithin0801
More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by @Jithin0801 Replied by @Jithin0801 on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I did that but reshade is not loading on game startup...any fix

• Mikey
More
5 years 9 months ago #11 by Mikey Replied by Mikey on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I've tried this solution, but after renaming ReShade doesn't work at all. Like it was not injected on start.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago #12 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Is there any other injectors used? Other third party programs?

Injectors would be for GTA V I think it's chiefly ENB so moving that and testing with just ReShade would confirm if it's a conflict or not and then if there is then it might be possible to use ENB to proxy load ReShade instead of trying to load D3D11.dll and DXGI.dll directly or similar.

On that note renaming the file and injecting through D3D9, D3D11 or DXGI .dll might be something to try if one doesn't work chances are another could since the injection order might differ slightly.

And for software that's overlays, monitoring programs and anything from anti virus to game specific quirks including software working in one game but breaking compatibility in another if used together with other utilities. :) Only thing to try here is to shut those down and verify they're not lingering before trying again, also includes the Steam overlay itself for games using the Steam client but disabling it only hides the overlay so you need to rename GameOverlay64.dll or what it's called in the Steam folder to get it out and then name it back afterwards. (Or Steam will do a full validation and re-download missing stuff on restart which takes up a bit of time.)

Mostly the usual set of suggestions, removing the presets and shaders and trying to load ReShade blankly could also be a thing if there's a issue with a shader or a change in the code.

Interestingly the game crashing was part of a commit included in 3.4.0 for the I think DX10/DX11 depth buffer improvements so it's curious it's now causing a crash instead.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #13 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I play GTA V with the latest reshade release, and i have no crash at all. I used to have a crash with the latest GTA V update, but this crash was related to another injector (don't remember which one, maybe the asi loader, but i am not sure). I don't think Reshade is concerned, or maybe it is a conflict with the asi loader or another injector. Try to remove the asi loader and any other injectors, and test with Reshade only.
My dll is named dxgi.dll, not d3d11.dll.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.

• Gamerlego
More
5 years 9 months ago #14 by Gamerlego Replied by Gamerlego on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Um hey.
So, I've been trying to get reshade to work for days but it just doesn't.

I've tried everything from reinstalling, renaming and searching online for any way to fix it.

One day it did work fine (I don't know how I got it to work in the first place) but it stopped working after I reinstalled gta v. Now...I can't get it to work again.

And also...Reshade is so worth it. So...can anyone please help?

• Gamerlego
More
5 years 9 months ago #15 by Gamerlego Replied by Gamerlego on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
So apparently...renaming the dxgi to d3d11 doesn't seem to work. I've tried it on mine and a friend's pc and both seem to not display the reshade menu
For my friend...dxgi does work, but for me it crashes the game. Also...if I try to rename it to anything else, such as opengl32, it crashes the same way dxgi does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ABERRATION

• ABERRATION
More
5 years 9 months ago #16 by ABERRATION Replied by ABERRATION on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I tried uninstalling openCamera.asi (I think that's what you were referring to), but with dxgi.* it still won't launch. Someone please help. I hear so much good stuff about ReShade. The version of ReShade I installed was v. 3.1.2, and before installing I deleted reshade-shaders and everything like the dxgi.dll, .ini, and .txt.

Also, my version of GTA V is version 1.0.1365.1 , and it's off of Steam.

I use DX11, and my specs are:
- NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400MHz
- Intel i7-7700K @ 3.6 GHz (Semi-Clocked)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamerlego

• JBeckman
More
5 years 9 months ago #17 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
I wonder if it's related to something changing in the game after it updated though from the Github commits GTA V was used for a crash report and tested extensively and there hasn't been any new patches to the game for a while now so from that it should still be compatible.

I never had much luck with GTA V and ReShade either but I haven't tested it since the game launched and there's been numerous changes to both the game and ReShade itself in the meantime with multiple GTA V mods also using ReShade as a extra for tuning the visuals a bit.

Third party programs come to mind but that's a pretty broad subject since it could be overlays from software like Riva Tuner Statistics Server or others and even game clients such as Steam (Disabling the overlay just hides it by the way, you'd have to rename the overlay .dll file for 64-bit to truly disable it in Steam.) and even OS changes or anti virus though these would usually quarantine the ReShade .dll file if that gets flagged.

Fullscreen and windowed mode could also differ and then there's the real pain in the ass for driver specific compatibility with AMD and NVIDIA having different problems from different drivers and what not, for NVIDIA that can be anything from Experience to Shield and Ansel whereas for AMD there's their own overlay and recording functionality now.
(Or the driver itself as the worst case, there was a ADL memory leak a few driver releases ago that caused some problems for some software though mostly when accessing this API which I don't think ReShade does.)

Mostly just basic suggestions, there should be a repository thread on these forums for older versions though as something try if 3.4.0 isn't doing it though then it's a question of what broken and why it works on some systems with a older revision of ReShade.
(I don't think the included GTA V crash commit is specific to just that game so it's probably not that change.)

• McVoid
More
5 years 9 months ago #18 by McVoid Replied by McVoid on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
It could be a case of a new element within ReShade itself that is conflicting with the game. If we can locate the new changes, we might have a better understanding of how to fix it.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #19 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start

McVoid wrote: It could be a case of a new element within ReShade itself that is conflicting with the game. If we can locate the new changes, we might have a better understanding of how to fix it.

You can, if you want to (there is a specific commit for GTA V):
Github Reshade

I personally encounter no problem at all with GTA V and Reshade (except in Visual studio DEBUG mode), so i cannot tell you what pb this commit is supposed to address (maybe Crosire could help)...
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.

• Gamerlego
More
5 years 9 months ago #20 by Gamerlego Replied by Gamerlego on topic "dxgi.dll" force GTA5 to crash at start
Hey everyone, I got reshade to work!!!
When I was going through some topics on injectors, i came across someone who mentioned a Xenos injector.
And this thing works!!!
The only issue is that you have to launch the game using the injector.
I really want to thank Aelius Maximus for mentioning it :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schafter

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.