Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle

• Terrobility
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by Terrobility Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle was created by Terrobility
When I open the Reshade menu, the mouse cursor is stuck in the center. The effects apply just fine without any issues, it's just the Reshade menu that doesn't work.

I searched around and I found one post where someone else had the same issue: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/2463-re...apper-no-input#20710

The stickied troubleshooting thread says this, but it continues to remain in the middle even when I'm in a menu or when the game is paused:

FierySwordswoman wrote: 3d. Sometimes the mouse will get stuck in the middle of the screen. This is caused by games resetting the mouse position to keep it from hitting the edge of the screen (so you can turn forever in any direction in a first-person game, etc.). To fix this, it's usually as simple as opening either the pause menu or something else that lets you use the mouse in-game.

I am running MP1 with d3d8to9 and ThirteenAG's widescreen fix. The bug persists even when running MP1 standalone with only Reshade and d3d8to9. I have also tried dgVoodoo instead of d3d8to9 and that changes nothing. Any help would be appreciated :)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Terrobility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle
The same for MP2.
It's not wrapper-dependent (Crosire and Dege's one tested, same problem).
It's something about the input management in ReShade.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by lowenz.

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #3 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle
I'm having the same problem with games such as Unreal Tournament (1999) and Quake 4. Shift+F2 shows the menu, but the mouse does nothing.

Edit: I found a less-than-elegant workaround for Quake 4 ( see thread ), and as to Unreal Tournament, I had to window the application as well through Alt+Tab first.
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by brazzjazz.

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #4 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle
My summary so far:
· I got it to work in Clive Barker's Undying by renaming dxgi.dll and dxgi.ini to dinput.dll and dinput.ini
· Quake 4 provided another solution, as mentioned, but it was a rather special case.
· In Unreal Tournament (1999), I got mouse access through windowed mode, but this does not work with every game.
· For Max Payne, I haven't found a solution yet, as using a dinput.dll prevents the game (or the option launcher, at that) from launching.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by brazzjazz.

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 8 months ago #5 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle
@crosire: I'd appreciate if an upcoming update could address this issue. Some games just don't seem to give you access to the mouse outside of the game itself, not even in the menu etc. Even using ReShade with keyboard only would help a lot.

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle
You can use ReShade with keyboard only. See reshade.me/forum/releases/4288-3-3 first item.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 8 months ago #7 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Max Payne 1 - cursor stuck in middle

crosire wrote: You can use ReShade with keyboard only. See reshade.me/forum/releases/4288-3-3 first item.

Indeed, I had noticed it responds to keystrokes, but originally I was assuming I couldn't create a new file. Now, after some thorough fumbling I finally got it. Thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.