FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue

• aboutthe1910s
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #1 by aboutthe1910s FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue was created by aboutthe1910s
I've searched the internet for an answer to my problems before posting here, but I can't find anything that addresses the combined issue--I know that FO4 not launching when there is a dxgi.dll file in the root folder is a known issue. And I know that changing the name to d3d11.dll will solve that issue and allow ReShade to run just fine. The problem is that I'm attempting to run *both* ReShade and ENB. Either will work correctly if the dll is named d3d11, but I *cannot* get them both to run. I've tried running ReShade as a proxy through ENB and also tried tried using ENB's Injector for both--no matter which I try to inject or what name I use for the second dll (I've tried d3d9.dll despite this not being a DirectX9 game, ReShade64.dll, enbseries.dll, and other_d3d11.dll), the game will not launch at all using these methods. I fully understand that the issue here is not actually with ReShade itself; it's with the my computer's refusal to run FO4 with a dxgi.dll file in the root folder, and I know that a lot of people obviously *don't* have this issue. My video card is a GeForce GTX 960M, if that's at all relevant. I'm just hoping that someone has either figured out a solution to the actual problem here or at least a work around that I haven't tried that actually works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dimson
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by Dimson Replied by Dimson on topic FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue
I have a similar problem. When you run the rush through dxdj.dll, the game does not start. After I rename d3d11, the gamepad stops working, but it works. And this problem is only on the laptop. On a stationary PC all work. via dsdj.dll. I do not understand what the problem is, and it makes me crazy

• Dimson
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Dimson Replied by Dimson on topic FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue
I found a way to fix this. you just need to run the game in the window, and it will not crash! if that's where the advice is different.
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/1403-fallout-4-reshade-crash

• aboutthe1910s
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by aboutthe1910s Replied by aboutthe1910s on topic FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue
Just saw this! Glad you found something that worked for you! Sadly, I've already every combination of window and border settings imaginable, and it didn't help. I *think* it's an NVidia laptop specific issue on my end. I've pretty much just given up on any .exe under the sun functioning with a dxgi.dll in the root folder. It's an issue across the board with every game I've ever tried to use a dxgi.dll with. d3d11.dll works fine (or d3d9, if it's a DirectX 9 game), but my computer hates dxgi and just will not work with it at all, ever.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.