Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue

FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue 6 months 2 weeks ago #1

I've searched the internet for an answer to my problems before posting here, but I can't find anything that addresses the combined issue--I know that FO4 not launching when there is a dxgi.dll file in the root folder is a known issue. And I know that changing the name to d3d11.dll will solve that issue and allow ReShade to run just fine. The problem is that I'm attempting to run *both* ReShade and ENB. Either will work correctly if the dll is named d3d11, but I *cannot* get them both to run. I've tried running ReShade as a proxy through ENB and also tried tried using ENB's Injector for both--no matter which I try to inject or what name I use for the second dll (I've tried d3d9.dll despite this not being a DirectX9 game, ReShade64.dll, enbseries.dll, and other_d3d11.dll), the game will not launch at all using these methods. I fully understand that the issue here is not actually with ReShade itself; it's with the my computer's refusal to run FO4 with a dxgi.dll file in the root folder, and I know that a lot of people obviously *don't* have this issue. My video card is a GeForce GTX 960M, if that's at all relevant. I'm just hoping that someone has either figured out a solution to the actual problem here or at least a work around that I haven't tried that actually works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue 3 months 5 days ago #2

I have a similar problem. When you run the rush through dxdj.dll, the game does not start. After I rename d3d11, the gamepad stops working, but it works. And this problem is only on the laptop. On a stationary PC all work. via dsdj.dll. I do not understand what the problem is, and it makes me crazy

FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue 3 months 4 days ago #3

I found a way to fix this. you just need to run the game in the window, and it will not crash! if that's where the advice is different.
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/1403-fallout-4-reshade-crash

FO4 dxgi.dll and ENB issue 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

Just saw this! Glad you found something that worked for you! Sadly, I've already every combination of window and border settings imaginable, and it didn't help. I *think* it's an NVidia laptop specific issue on my end. I've pretty much just given up on any .exe under the sun functioning with a dxgi.dll in the root folder. It's an issue across the board with every game I've ever tried to use a dxgi.dll with. d3d11.dll works fine (or d3d9, if it's a DirectX 9 game), but my computer hates dxgi and just will not work with it at all, ever.