ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 days ago #1 by brazzjazz ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded was created by brazzjazz
Hi,

For some reason ReShade does not load with American McGee's Alice. It's an alice.exe based on the Quake 3 engine, therefore using OpenGL. However, the opengl32.dll seems not to be loaded upon startup, because ReShade does not load and since there is no log file of opengl32. I tried using ENBInjector, setting alice.exe and opengl32.dll in the ini file of the injector. Did I do it right? And if so, why does neither of the approaches work then?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 3 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
Try to put the DLL in different folders (e.g. if there is a bin folder, but it there) and/or make sure you put it next to the actual game executable (sometimes the first exe you see if just a launcher, that launches the actual exe which is somewhere else in the directory tree). You can check the task manager to see which executables related to the game are running once it was launched.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 days ago - 6 years 2 days ago #3 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
The opengl32.dll is in the same folder as alice.exe and it's the actual executable.

I also have the case of Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force, a game from 2000 based on the Quake 3 Engine. The stvoyHM.exe (for multiplayer) loads opengl32.dll, but not the single-player stvoy.exe. Go figure.
Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by brazzjazz.

• sauhan77
More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by sauhan77 Replied by sauhan77 on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
I encountered the same problem and would be very thankful if anybody had a solution :)
I think Alice could profit enormously from a reshade.

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #5 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded

sauhan77 wrote: I encountered the same problem and would be very thankful if anybody had a solution :)
I think Alice could profit enormously from a reshade.

Hi sauhan77, take a look at this thread, it happens to have almost the same problem at its core, being how to force a DLL to be loaded or injected.
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3755-tw...es-in-same-directory

The basic question persists though: why some dlls are not loaded with certain games, heck, even single exe's as I mentioned above.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by brazzjazz.

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #6 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
Update: American McGee's Alice loaded the opengl32.dll after I renamed it dinput.dll (and opengl32.ini to dinput.ini).

As to Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force Multiplayer vs. Singleplayer, not only the exe files but also hmconfig.cfg vs. efconfig.cfg could make difference. I just wouldn't know what to look for.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sauhan77

• sauhan77
More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by sauhan77 Replied by sauhan77 on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
yes, very nice! can confirm it works that way with Alice :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded

sauhan77 wrote: yes, very nice! can confirm it works that way with Alice :)

:-) Unfortunately, MXAO drains enormously GPU power for some reason, no matter the settings. May be the 4K resolution, but it still seems inordinately high.

• sauhan77
More
5 years 11 months ago #9 by sauhan77 Replied by sauhan77 on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
I play a lot of old games, and I always found that MXAO doesn't really do anything for old 3D games, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue :)

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #10 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded

sauhan77 wrote: I play a lot of old games, and I always found that MXAO doesn't really do anything for old 3D games, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue :)

You're wrong, it depends on the game, most importantly whether there is depth buffer access in the first place. MXAO can do wonders to older games as it can improve lightning vastly. Such as in Aliens vs. Predator 2 from 2001. See my preset: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9169/

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #11 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic ReShade / opengl32.dll not loaded
Then again, you're right, some games don't benefit from MXAO at all, depending on the actual light sources available I assume. Alien vs. Predator 2 benefits enormously though, as you can see from my preset: sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/64177/

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.