I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA5

• Electroid
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Electroid I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA5 was created by Electroid
Reshade is bugging out my game and I can't find out how to uninstall, I got rid of the Reshade.ini file and all of the d3.dll files but whenever I launch it reinstalls Reshade.ini and pops up with Reshade 2.8.4 needs an update and still looks bad. Cars don't have reflections and textures disappear, not to mention when im driving sometimes the whole map disappears. Can someone please help me completely uninstall Reshade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA5
You can uninstall it by using the same tool you used for installation. Just run reshade setup, select the game and, after choosing the APi, it will ask you if you want to overwrite or uninstall: click "No".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electroid

• alexsmith789
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3 by alexsmith789 Replied by alexsmith789 on topic I can't uninstall Reshade from GTA5
I have been trying to play the game from many days but still, I cannot play it due to some problem. Please help me to fix the problem or else I have to uninstall it.

• Electroid
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Electroid Replied by Electroid on topic I still cant uninstall Reshade from GTA5
Even after going to Reshade setup, selecting GTA and pressing no and it saying its uninstalled when I launch GTA I still have it installed somehow. For the game im selecting GTA5.exe and launching through steam, this is beyond confusing me, thanks for the help. Edit: BTW im using Direct3D10+ Should I pick something else? EDIT AGAIN: I tried doing the same uninstall thing for all api's and it is still on my GTA
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Electroid.

• seri14
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic I still cant uninstall Reshade from GTA5
See this topic and use process explorer tool.
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4765-can-t-uninstall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electroid

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.