metro exodus no working with latest version

• gamehancer
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by gamehancer metro exodus no working with latest version was created by gamehancer
hi all I come to you for a problem about reshade that does not work on exodus metro I try old version 3.xx and the last version 4.3 metro exodus do not want to launch it tells me the following message. ..

PC HAS SPECS BELLOW MINIMAL

PLEASE CONFIGURE YOUR CONFIGURATION TO FIT THE MINIMAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS www.metrothegame ......

reason: failed to find supported livex API only directx 11 and directx 12 are supported

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Since the game extended it's RTX functionality with the patch (Used in the Tale of Two Colones DLC.) I wonder if they changed anything for the D3D11 or D3D12 feature sets and the way these work for different feature levels and requirements.

D3D11.3 or 11.4 and D3D12.1 though 12.1 can be set in a variety of ways AFAIK but as a quick test since DXGI.dll covers D3D10 to D3D12 try renaming ReShade64.dll to D3D11.dll and see if going that way works, D3D10, D3D12 or even D3D9 .dll could also be usable and there's the newer depth buffer .dll although I don't think any of the commits post 4.3.0 deal with WDDM, DXGI or D3D compliance or compatibility should there be any titles that explicitly require 11.3 or higher.
(I know there's a MMO I think it was that also relied on this and didn't support lower but gaming wise 11.1 still covers a majority of titles though 11.2 and above could see a increase in usage.)

Patch notes aren't very detailed either on this subject for what got changed in Exodus with the latest update but the RTX examples on NVIDIA had that bit about extending how RTX GI worked so I am curious if there's been further D3D alterations or changes that just aren't mentioned and stuff breaks though I'm not sure.

So yeah DXGI.dll if that doesn't work test the D3D .dll naming system instead starting with D3D11.dll for DX11 which might help but it entirely depends on what got changed with that patch.

• gamehancer
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
I change everything the game not charge reshade

dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll = no work

• Voltar
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Same here, Win10x64_1903 + Metro Exodus v1.0.0.4 = Reshade will not works on any render with any file name of dll :(

Part of my log from reshade:
14:53:59:216 [09604] | INFO | Redirecting CreateDXGIFactory({7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000000007F2C98) ...
14:53:59:216 [09604] | INFO | > Passing on to CreateDXGIFactory1:
14:53:59:216 [09604] | INFO | Redirecting CreateDXGIFactory1({7B7166EC-21C7-44AE-B21A-C9AE321AE369}, 00000000007F2C98) ...
14:53:59:404 [09604] | WARN | Reference count for IDXGIDevice1 object 00000000054290E0 is inconsistent: 2, but expected 1.
14:53:59:422 [09604] | INFO | Exiting ...

While ReShade DLL named d3d11.dll (9,10,12) - every launch of game ending ReShade not works with just the same WARN string in log

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #5 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Can you please test this one, and see if it works (I personnaly don't have the Metro Exodus last update, so i don't know if it does the job)?

mega.nz/#!rkYT1KiR!1mNog3LoGrHIlDA7hKzCxE43T-fsycsDjnu7FLzpmg4
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by thalixte.

• Zireael
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #6 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one, and see if it works (I personnaly don't have the Metro Exodus last update, so i don't know if it does the job)?

mega.nz/#!rkYT1KiR!1mNog3LoGrHIlDA7hKzCxE43T-fsycsDjnu7FLzpmg4

Same crash
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Zireael.

• Voltar
More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by Voltar Replied by Voltar on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
dxgi.dll - same error on start, renamed to d3d11.dll - game starting but no reshade loading, in log still the same WARN line

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #8 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

Voltar wrote: dxgi.dll - same error on start, renamed to d3d11.dll - game starting but no reshade loading, in log still the same WARN line

Hmmm. It could be easier to debug if i had the update...
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by thalixte.

• jimgillan
More
4 years 7 months ago #9 by jimgillan Replied by jimgillan on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
I get this error message
dxgi.dll - same error on start, renamed to d3d11.dll
geometry dash

• Zireael
More
4 years 7 months ago #10 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

thalixte wrote:

Voltar wrote: dxgi.dll - same error on start, renamed to d3d11.dll - game starting but no reshade loading, in log still the same WARN line

Hmmm. It could be easier to debug if i had the update...

I can lend you access to my egs account with the game.

• tnetennba
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #11 by tnetennba Replied by tnetennba on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

JBeckman wrote: Since the game extended it's RTX functionality with the patch (Used in the Tale of Two Colones DLC.) I wonder if they changed anything for the D3D11 or D3D12 feature sets and the way these work for different feature levels and requirements.

D3D11.3 or 11.4 and D3D12.1 though 12.1 can be set in a variety of ways AFAIK but as a quick test since DXGI.dll covers D3D10 to D3D12 try renaming ReShade64.dll to D3D11.dll and see if going that way works, D3D10, D3D12 or even D3D9 .dll could also be usable and there's the newer depth buffer .dll although I don't think any of the commits post 4.3.0 deal with WDDM, DXGI or D3D compliance or compatibility should there be any titles that explicitly require 11.3 or higher.
(I know there's a MMO I think it was that also relied on this and didn't support lower but gaming wise 11.1 still covers a majority of titles though 11.2 and above could see a increase in usage.)

Patch notes aren't very detailed either on this subject for what got changed in Exodus with the latest update but the RTX examples on NVIDIA had that bit about extending how RTX GI worked so I am curious if there's been further D3D alterations or changes that just aren't mentioned and stuff breaks though I'm not sure.

So yeah DXGI.dll if that doesn't work test the D3D .dll naming system instead starting with D3D11.dll for DX11 which might help but it entirely depends on what got changed with that patch.

The game patch introduced a new "minimum specs warning" feature. Except it doesn't act as a warning, it acts as a complete brick wall for anything that it thinks is below minimum specs. It seems that what ever code they implemented to check your system fails with the Reshade .dll installed.

I've no idea why they did that without a "run game anyway" button. The game in theory could be crippled sometime in the future by absolutely anything it doesn't recognise in a PC :(
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by tnetennba.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman

• JBeckman
More
4 years 7 months ago #12 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Oh that's what is going on, sounds a bit like what Frostbite Engine uses for a recommended minimum supported display driver but here it completely stops the game from starting and I suppose then they didn't implement some command line argument or way to suppress it at all hmm.

That explains the problem then and not the first time a game ends up implementing a wonky solution that could theoretically break whenever any one component is updated depending on what they are checking against, should just log it or have a warning not a complete blocker so hopefully that gets patched out before things break and before support for the game also stops and the team moves on entirely now that they're already working on the next game.
(But there's still one more piece of content to come out so that at least ensures one more patch while the game is still actively maintained.)

Unfortunate, I was wrong then and instead it turned out to be something worse than just querying D3D feature levels or having some snag on trying to detect the OS version.

Guess ReShade can also only inject as D3D and other graphics API's if the software supports these so no hooking in via X or Direct input (DInput8.dll for example.) though maybe proxy loading ReShade64.dll could also work but does it load early enough to initialize ReShade fully or would it break things.

Quite a problem so hopefully that does get revised whenever the next update comes out though I am not entirely sure on that, someone apparently thought it was a good idea to have that check implemented.

• tnetennba
More
4 years 7 months ago #13 by tnetennba Replied by tnetennba on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
You could still be right and it is about querying D3D feature levels, i just wanted to mention it seems (i'm guessing) to be this new minimum specs check code that is doing the querying rather than the core game engine. This failure came about the moment it was introduced, and it isn't really a crash, more a "You shall not pass!" message box.

I've no idea if the game accepted an alternately named Reshade .dll file before the patch, as i had no need to rename it. But yeh, currently no suggested alternate filename loads Reshade on the game for me (i'm guessing it'd trip the error message again anyway if it did).

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 7 months ago #14 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Another name for Metro Exodus is "Steam Spring Sale", and that's when the problem will have sorted itself out by itself anyway, I hope.

• Zireael
More
4 years 7 months ago #15 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

brazzjazz wrote: Another name for Metro Exodus is "Steam Spring Sale", and that's when the problem will have sorted itself out by itself anyway, I hope.

Why did you comment with this bullshit?

• MonarchX
More
4 years 7 months ago #16 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Yes, same problem here and I JUST bought it, waited until it was patched. I just didn't think it was patched to a point of prevention of ReShade from working...

• Michi
More
4 years 7 months ago #17 by Michi Replied by Michi on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
After lates Windows FrameWork Update, every Reshade Install File wont install and shown a .net runtime error in Event Manager, does anyone know how to fix?

• Zireael
More
4 years 7 months ago #18 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

Michi wrote: After lates Windows FrameWork Update, every Reshade Install File wont install and shown a .net runtime error in Event Manager, does anyone know how to fix?

How is this related to Metro?

• Michi
More
4 years 7 months ago #19 by Michi Replied by Michi on topic metro exodus no working with latest version

Zireael wrote:

Michi wrote: After lates Windows FrameWork Update, every Reshade Install File wont install and shown a .net runtime error in Event Manager, does anyone know how to fix?

How is this related to Metro?

doesnt want to create a new thread...
but its then now a problem for every game, because of new windows net framework Update

• Skinner
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #20 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic metro exodus no working with latest version
Sigh, those updates, I wish I had autoupdate disabled in the Epic launcherprogram, I just had such a beatifull preset and now what....it looks allmost dull without it... :(
Ofcourse rollback to the previous build is impossible///
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Skinner.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.